Sign in to follow this  
safirxp

Bad version, server rejected connection

Hi. I've been playing DayZ for a few months now. After consulting this forum I used Dayz Commander to install DayZ & connect to the servers. I updated to the 1.7.7 version of the mod the moment I saw it in DC. Since then I cannot join any servers. I attached the screenshot I get everytime I try to connect.

After reading some other threads I even tried installing the latest beta patch from http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php which is 106400 but DC recommended I install version 103718 and I also attached a screenshot of DC if it helps.

I usually play on servers that are near to me, latency wise that is. When I contacted some of the server admins they said its probably something to do with their servers and the new update. But I see lots of other people logged on to their servers. Ands its been a while now. So after some more discussions some suggested I could try reinstalling Arma2, OA & Dayz. I use a 1mbps connection so it will take time but I'm ready to do whatever it takes to play this awesome, awesome game!

So my question is, should I reinstall everything or is there an easier way to solve this problem? If I've to reinstall, what is the procedure exactly? Go to the game's Properties section, Local Files, Delete local game content? Then redownload everything? Never done it before. Should I save the CD Key from the Properties menu? I bought the game online after a lot of trouble (considering where I live) and I'm still new to Steam. I literally can't afford to screw up my Steam account or my Arma purchase. Please help...

post-147543-0-46889000-1371373660_thumb.

post-147543-0-92196100-1371373673_thumb.

Have you tried this?

DayZ Commander> Settings> Steam Options. And make sure the 'Replace original Arma2OA files with Beta so Steam works' is checked.

• Like 2

OMFG! Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU!!! You sir, can have my beans, my guns, my bloodbags, anything you want! :D I'm simply overjoyed to be able to log on to these servers again. Thanks a million mate.

OMFG! Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU!!! You sir, can have my beans, my guns, my bloodbags, anything you want! :D I'm simply overjoyed to be able to log on to these servers again. Thanks a million mate.

You're more than welcome :D :D :D

um, what? oh dear god what have you done!! dont tell me you poor Sons of..... are playing dayz through steam? o lord, Ok first of all steam is glitchie as all hell. No one uses it to play arma2/dayz people only use steam to buy the game. if you guys want to play the game, the way it was meant to be played then, i'd take a look at the next post