Sign in to follow this  
kurt0010

how to apply bandit and hero skins

alright so basically my friend is at -950 and im 5500 humanity, how do we get our skins? and what exactly are our perks of being each "class"

Your friend needs to have -2500 humanity to acquire the bandit skin, which is 3 murders I believe. Atleast that's when I always get my bandit skin.

You should already get the hero skin as you acquire it at 5000 humanity, just get some more and you should get it.

As a hero you take half zombie damage, and you get protection from low level bullets such as makarov bullets. You also run quickly initally as a hero, but then you will end up running as fast as anyone else therefore heroes are good short range sprinters. Some will fear you if you are a bandit and some will hunt you down. With a bandit skin you won't be trusted either - there are no perks. Bandits will try to kill heros aswell, and as a hero you will be trusted by most people.

3gi3s.jpg

3ghYG.jpg

Edited by xeezy
  • Like 1

Speaking of bandits. Does your humanity go down for killing one? Im not a bandit at all but i had to kill one in defense and i dont want to get the bandit skin. I actually spent a full magazine of m16 saving people from the horde, i would heal people but so far the ones i keep finding are bandits. :/

Killing bandits gives you a Bandit Kill and does not decrease your humanity. The player has to be recognized as an actual bandit by the game for it to work meaning he needs to have the bandit skin. I think it actually increases your humanity, but I am not certain if it gives you humanity or not.

Edited by xeezy

Killing bandits has no effect on humanity.

• Like 1

It only does if the bandit's humanity is negative. If not then you do not receive humanity.

@edit - The wiki claism that you get the bandit skin once your humanity goes 0 or below, but for me it always happens at -2500.

Edited by xeezy

Nope, killing bandits never effects your humanity, maybe in some other mods it does but not standard DayZ

And the wiki isnt totally accurate either.

got curious about all this so i checked the Dayz code the other day, heres what i found.

you start at 2500 humanity, if you go up to 5000 you become a hero, the only way for this to go down again is by killing other heroes or survivors, if you go down down below 5000 you become a survivor again.

You will become a bandit when you get to -2000,

And become a survivor again when you get up to 0 humanity.

When at anything below 2500 your humanity will slowly rise back up until it get back to 2500.

(This doesn't work the other way round, you do not slowly lose humanity if you are above 2500.)

Dying does not effect humanity at all, its persistent through death.

Worth noting that other mods such as DayZ Origins handle humanity different to DayZ.

Now sometimes the game seems to bug out and you can get over 5000 and you wont change skin, try relogging as that may help, if not the skin change should occur the next time to die.

Edited by Fluxley

I know all of that; I assumed the official DayZ wiki would be correct in such a basic matter. Nevermind then ^^

Nah, the wiki's wrong on a lot of things, like all wiki's its reliant on user's keeping it up to date.

Speaking of bandits. Does your humanity go down for killing one? Im not a bandit at all but i had to kill one in defense and i dont want to get the bandit skin. I actually spent a full magazine of m16 saving people from the horde, i would heal people but so far the ones i keep finding are bandits. :/

if they shoot at you and hit you but you then kill them, you wont lose humanity, but if you kill them before they have hit you, you will

if they shoot at you and hit you but you then kill them, you wont lose humanity, but if you kill them before they have hit you, you will

Can a mod or someone else confirm this? If this is true this changes a lot for me. No joke

Can a mod or someone else confirm this? If this is true this changes a lot for me. No joke

Maybe the DayZ mod could.

No they planned on adding a mechanic like this for one of the old patches but it was abandoned, if i remember rightly it was too cpu intensive and causing lag.

No, it does not work like that. A murder is a murder, regardless if it is in self-defence or not. Like Fluxley said it was going to be made though never got implemented. I think they might re-try it in the SA.

Very wrong there

Becoming a bandit does have perks

such as

Slower food/drink degredation

Less scope sway/Longer Breath hold

However I think you get a speed loss but it is slight

all I can confirm except for the speed loss

Very wrong there

Becoming a bandit does have perks

such as

Slower food/drink degredation

Less scope sway/Longer Breath hold

However I think you get a speed loss but it is slight

all I can confirm except for the speed loss

Are you sure you're thinking of vanilla DayZ?

Just asked R4ZOR49 about this and theres no benefit to being a bandit, and also heroes running faster is a myth.

only the hero skins bullet resistant vest is true.

Edited by Fluxley
  • Like 2

Are you sure you're thinking of vanilla DayZ?

Just asked R4ZOR49 about this and theres no benefit to being a bandit, and also heroes running faster is a myth.

only the heroes skins bullet resistant vest is true.

Yeah.. I'm pretty sure these are not in Vanilla DayZ at all.