Sign in to follow this  
logan23

Hear players scream!

I was watching some youtube videos on DayZ and notice when you die it seems silent.

I would suggest that players when being attacked by Zeds and are at 1,000-1,500 or lower- you will hear the player scream in pain, as if pleading for help.

If the player is shot and under 1,000 blood they will also give off a cry of some type. This cry/scream of pain will be geared toward and at the player who shot them.

The purpose of this feature is to cause a reaction from players who are being killed by Zed/Player and also to cause an emotion in the player who kills. You might even have situations where a player is being killed by Zeds and you might be inclined to shoot them from a distance to put them out of their misery.

Of course once their blood is (0) then there are no screams or sounds.

What do you think?

I have heard myself screaming while low on blood and being chased by zombies, but I agree with you. There should be increased screaming and panic! Hearing zombies running and screaming after me is so common, it has become a custom. Nothing more freaky then hearing loads of gunfire, zombies shambling/screaming, then hearing the survivor scream from a mile away as the zombies enjoy their Manwhich!

I don't think there is anything bad with this idea, just more of resource drainage vs pros case.

If adding it won't drain the servers or the computers much, then sure.

That would be freaky hearing screams a mile or several meters way a player being killed and eaten by a Zed. They would have to make the scream random since hearing the same over and over could desensitize you. It could be based on when you start the scream.

EX. If you get knocked down and start getting over whelmed when your blood is 1,500 blood- then hear it louder then say if you are about to die at blood level 500.

If they can do a check on how many Zeds are eating you this number can define the scream level. More Zeds = louder.

It should be more more draining (for the server/computer) then the other sounds, in theory.

I love what this would do for the atmosphere of the game! +1

Recording some blood curdling screams and playing them when a player is being eaten alive would be so appropriate. Also considering how silent the world is with machinery and electric power off, it would be fantastic to be able to hear other players over a long distance.

I believe that the screaming should also attract more zombies, but I'm a glutton for punishment.

Recording some blood curdling screams and playing them when a player is being eaten alive would be so appropriate.

It already happens.

Played my female character last night for the first time - I ended up getting ganged up by zombies - the screams... they really bothered me :s in a very good way in the context of the game.

it could be something to add to the panic that can unsue from running from zombies, the longer you panic for the louder you panic and at some point maybe your character screams for help?

I'm certain there are aspects of this that I hadn't thought of, but what about forcing the direct chat channel open when a player's getting close to death. That way nearby players hear exactly what they're saying in their dying moments.

+1. Dude it would add insane inSane immersion to hear screams from far away and know someone died. Just not who died.

Yes, making death more realistic may help taper senseless murder. At least for those gamers not horribly desensitized to vg violence.

Oh yah and like somone mentioned plus + 1 for random chance of screams attracting zeds. Make someone think twice before killing somone else. But not if headshot.

Bumping it.

What to get more feedback on this idea.

I want to hear people scream for their mommy while they;re being eaten.

or something of equal dread.