Sign in to follow this  
Twitch256

Cannibalism

I more than often travel without any weapons and with a vest instead of a pack. A vest only holds six items, instead of the default eight. I do this because; it weighs less and you have less surface area while trying to sneak around.

I have a major issue with bandits killing me, even when I cearly have no weapon, announce my presence, and tell them I will give them anything I have if they want it. Yes. Some bandits are just ***holes. I just like to travel leight and scavange goods for friends.

As you can imagine, it is a pain in the *** to run from Cher all the way to the NW airflied, and be chased by a few dozen zombies without any supplies. I do this for fun, while other players see me go by and think "Oh dear God, I am going to completely avoid this crazy person." Often after making the mad dash, I will often get sniped by a bandit.

For what would a bandit snipe me for? I have no weapon. I am being chased by a city worth of zombies, and I probably have nothing he needs. Turf? No. There is no private turf, because the zombies spawn everywhere. There is no safe zone, only survival.. So I ask.. Why not have cannibalism? It'll give those bastards a reason to kill me, instead of just being a bag of ****s.

If this was put in there should be one a large decrease in Humanity and second a another effect- like a sickness that causes something to the player ever so often for a period of time. It would wore off after a select amount of time but this is something that would fit more after other features are in and balanced.

I am not too sure about this, at first sight it doesn't seem like a bad idea. Only issue is that the infected became what they were due to a certain infection, so I think that many survivors wouldn't even think of eating a dead survivor, in the off chance that they would have the infection.

I am not talking about gameplay sense but more what you would do in their shoes, I know it isn't uncommon for stranded people to eat each other but that knowing that they wouldn't get infected or die from it.

If this was put in there should be one a large decrease in Humanity and second a another effect- like a sickness that causes something to the player ever so often for a period of time. It would wore off after a select amount of time but this is something that would fit more after other features are in and balanced.

I was thinking of something like; if you murder a survivor and eat them' date=' or just find a dead survivor and eat them, it should give you more points to becoming a bandit. There could be levels of cannibalism and at higher levels, one could even eat zombies with little side effects. Maybe have less negative effects between raw and cooked human flesh. I don't know much about cannablism (and have never tried it), but I think it can cause people to become gittery. Much like having to take painkillers after taking a lot of damage, maybe making you shake, or as you said lose morality and start losing you sanity.

[hr']

You do crazy stuff when you get hungry. While camping, I have had to make weapons out of wood and hunt with them for a meal. If I had been being chased by a dozen zombies while low on food and ammo.. I'd think my friend would look tasty after a few days.

Sure a living survivor that you kill yourself, it could happen but not a random dead survivor that you happen to find, since you don't know if the dead body became infected before you found it.

I was thinking of something like; if you murder a survivor and eat them' date=' or just find a dead survivor and eat them, it should give you more points to becoming a bandit. There could be levels of cannibalism and at higher levels, one could even eat zombies with little side effects. Maybe have less negative effects between raw and cooked human flesh. I don't know much about cannablism (and have never tried it), but I think it can cause people to become gittery. Much like having to take painkillers after taking a lot of damage, maybe making you shake, or as you said lose morality and start losing you sanity.

[hr']

You do crazy stuff when you get hungry. While camping' date=' I have had to make weapons out of wood and hunt with them for a meal. If I had been being chased by a dozen zombies while low on food and ammo.. I'd think my friend would look tasty after a few days.

[/quote']

I think you are mixing up what a Bandit is.

Cannibalism DOES NOT = Bandit.

Cannibalism is something usually done out of desperation but we know players will simply use it as another reason to kill a player or get a few extra points to their blood.

Cannibalism needs to have a heavy penalty like getting a disease

Example:

"Kuru is an incurable degenerative neurological disorder (brain disease) that was probably transmitted among members of the Fore tribe of Papua New Guinea via cannibalism. Kuru is a Fore word that means 'to shake' People with Kuru tremble and shake"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cannibalism

"Kuru is an incurable degenerative neurological disorder that is a type of transmissible spongiform encephalopathy, caused by a prion found in humans.[1] The term "kuru" derives from the Fore word "kuria/guria" ("to shake"),[2] a reference to the body tremors that are a classic symptom of the disease; it is also known among the Fore as the laughing sickness due to the pathologic bursts of laughter people would display when afflicted with the disease. It is now widely accepted that Kuru was transmitted among members of the Fore tribe of Papua New Guinea via cannibalism.[3]"

So if DayZ had Cannibalism there could a virus meter/number count of pathogen. When this numbers get to a certain count you start to get Kuru, which you can't cure. the shakes would be every so many minutes but heating human flesh to many times = constant tremors.

This means players would only do this- only when they are actually starving.

Bump for eating people!

As a side-effect, maybe it could give you the shakes?