TG ! Jimmy

If 1.7.7 install isn't working on your server:

Here's a very basic dirty way to get your server up and running if you're having issues after "updating" to 1.7.7 I host through HFB Servers--so I can only attest to this working on their servers. I suspect the issue happens with other hosts. It seems to me that their "install" or "update" feature isn't properly replacing the former .pbo files with the updated ones.

-Save off backups of both your mission file and your dayz_server.pbo

++If you're hosted through HFB Servers you can find these files in /IPOFYOURSERVER/@Hive/Addons/dayz_server.pbo as well as /IP/MPmissionFiles/instanceidofyourserver

-Once you've saved off backups of those files, delete them from the server via FTP/Filemanager

-Download the new .pbo for 1.7.7 and re-up it to the @hive/addons directory (can get if from Razor's post here if you'd rather)

-Generate a new mission file and up it to the /mpmissionfiles directory using the instanceid_chernarus.pbo format as your old one

-In the "updates" section of your admin panel, install the latest arma beta (103718)

-double check your config files on the server to make sure your passwords/difficulty/hostname are all good

-download the latest filters and install them in /serverip/HFBchernarusOfficial/battleye

Restart the server, and join. Give it a few minutes to launch the mission.

Should work, from here. If not, you can also use the "install" option for 1.7.7 after manually replacing the files--and that should work. This is far from ideal, but it seems as though HFB's "install" isn't currently replacing the 1.7.6.1 .pbo files and that's causing issues. Hopefully this is a quick and dirty way to at least get people's servers back up and running. (it worked for me)

Cheers,

Jimmy

p.s. big ups to Faco for the filters and a myriad of other resources...as always

• Like 3

The 1.7.7 update we had up yesterday was ONLY for private servers (the name said private) the 1.7.7 update we added today (name says official in it) will work for the official hive servers. That means this process would have worked for those attempting to install the private update on their official servers yesterday, but today they should be just fine installing the official update. On HFB's host that is.

Edited by hungoverfurball

Thanks for the official reply Furball, we all appreciate it! If it makes any difference at all--I did my install this morning (12 June) and had to do all of the aforementioned steps to get it working. Not sure if other users had this same issue or not.

Cheers,

Jimmy

Well I can say that the Official update patch was added to the cp a very very short amount of time before your post, the patch was added to our cp at 10:49 am EST and your post shows as 10:53 am EST. Which leads me to believe that you installed the private patch as the official patch requires no changes whats so ever to be made after the install to have your server work correctly. We never release a patch that requires any changes to be made (except the host name change) by the client, especially one with as many changes as you outlined.

I unfortunately jumped the gun and loaded the private update and experienced poor performance and other little bugs, reinstalled this morning with the official hive update and its been running like a charm. Now if only I could figure out how to get BEC to work :) this is what I get for being an amateur admin. :D

I unfortunately jumped the gun and loaded the private update and experienced poor performance and other little bugs, reinstalled this morning with the official hive update and its been running like a charm. Now if only I could figure out how to get BEC to work :) this is what I get for being an amateur admin. :D

If you need any help with that (which I assume you're on HFBServers), please don't hesitate to contact me or submit a support ticket and we'll get things sorted out for you.