Sign in to follow this  
carbine781 (DayZ)

How The 1.7.7 Update Completely Changes Banditry

Hi guys. The 1.7.7 update implemented a lot of changes. After thinking about them, this update will really change how bandits work. After running around in Elektro, Stary Sobor, and the North West Airfield on a hive server with 50 people on it, i could really see how life had changed.

First, the obvious one is how the AS50 and M107 have been removed. This completely changes what weapons are used by snipers. Personally, i'm happy that there really aren't any more snipers in elektro, and if there are, they are a lot more rare. That being said, the main think I thought about is how zombies are a lot more dangerous now. They can now tackle you, do a lot more damage, etc. Basically, zombies are nothing like they used to be. So how would this affect bandits? Well, lets say a bandits sees somebody walking down a street in elektro. The bandit with his Lee Enfield decides to shoot the player and kill him. That weapon will attract a lot of zombies, which could easily kill the bandit if one tackles him and allows the zombies to surround him. Was the shot worth it? This is exactly what I mean. Bandits will now have to think twice before taking shots to kill people. Maybe it's not worth dealing with the new zombies.

Anyway, thanks for reading. Tell me if you agree below.

UPDATE: http://www.vg247.com/2013/06/13/dayz-dev-hopes-survival-emphasis-will-decrease-bandits/

Edited by carbine781
  • Like 2

I keep thinking you're fraggle....ffs.

On-Topic: I think the bandit will still shoot, die then come rant on the forums.

• Like 9

If the shrill mob gets its way we won't be able to asses the impact that, if given time, could fundemetally change how players have come to interact. The imperitive to cooperate is pretty big now and the rewards for banditry are higher than ever. Bandits will be bandits but low level, solo banditry needs greater consideration of risk vs reward.

Given time people will realise....okay i'll concede that the knockdown fix sounds more ballanced but this patch is going to have some pretty interesting impacts on player dynamics and the rest of it is 100%

Edited by Trizzo
  • Like 1

never used the as50 or m107 so not much of a change for me :)

Imo, it will have impact on playerbase, people will start mass deserting DAYz, even now there are sometimes more servers than players.

They keep changing the game from fun to hard work. Also it will not stop bandits, only force them to team up and atack players outside of populated areas, or follow them in woods and kill them there.

I think it will be a good change, when you make the environment harder the need to survive becomes paramount and people will work together a little more, aside from people dying right and left on the server I was playing, everyone was way more helpful and community oriented, helping each other and rallying against the new harder zombies.

E:

people will start mass deserting DAYz,

I don't agree, I think the majority welcome the change and want to see the game get progressively more difficult as it evolves.

Edited by GBTP
  • Like 2

That a step in the right direction, but there are many DMR clips out there and zeds can still be headshot with pistol. It could be nice to have some 'great value target’ out there, like, recently infected AI survivor. These AI could carry some nice stuff like ammo, medical supply, foods, tools, etc., but here the catch; they can easily spot you at 375-400m and will run like hell in the other direction if they see you (you are a bloody zeds murderer and they look pretty much like zeds after all). When they start running, they also attract other zeds and can be killed easily by them. If this is not a player that kill them, they have absolutely no loot (zombies just tear apart everything when eating them). They can even be in group of 1-3 and carry melee weapon, if they spot you while you are a -20m, they will try to chop your head and then run like a deer.

Something like that, people like to snipe, give them some nice targets. In my opinion, it can also change a bit how bandits/hero/survivor play (for the better).

• Like 1

They keep changing the game from fun to hard work.

Oh dear.

Fool! Its a bandit heaven now!!! Do you know how many naked, scared and low on health suvivors are running around the cities, ITS A DREAM COME TRUE, u wanna dmr em or m24 em from the hill or u wanna close combat with an akm in the city, they drop like flies! God i just love the rage of a bambi or a fresh spawn! The range of combat didnt change, what changed is the speed of it, which only separates the best from the rest. The amount of crying i have already whitnessed is thrilling. This is no longer a shooter, NOW its a survival game! Great Patch!

• Like 2

My methods, when i do go full bandit, have changed into a holdup sort of deal. Instead of firing, i hide in a bush next to a major roadway and pop out when someone comes by while screaming for the vic to drop his guns and stay on the ground. It works...sometimes...but occasionally i catch a .45 to the head.

Imo, it will have impact on playerbase, people will start mass deserting DAYz, even now there are sometimes more servers than players.

They keep changing the game from fun to hard work. Also it will not stop bandits, only force them to team up and atack players outside of populated areas, or follow them in woods and kill them there.

I don't agree with the fact that people will abandon DayZ. Before, when DayZ started, one thing that was so awesome about it is the risk/reward factor of the game. I never said it would stop bandits, but more that they will have to strategize / not kill on sight. That would be cool if bandits have to team up and follow players in order to attack them. Makes people more paranoid.

very interested in comments like these considering every single person i play with is completely jazzed with the direction and content of this new patch. when i first started playing this game, i was scared shitless for a month or so until a friendly survivor told me i could outrun zombies. that single moment changed the game entirely for me as it rendered zombies nothing more than a nuisance. ever since that day, my main focus has been killing bandits and trying to stock up as much loot as my tents would allow. i feel this game is going back to its origins by making zeds the focal point, as they should be. every move you make, every decision you mull over, will in one way or another be determined by zeds. this is what the game should have been about all along !

Edited by Skinwalker
  • Like 1

The only 3 things i REALLY hate are the sudden loss of loot spawns, higher chance of infection and the god damn zombie tackle.

How to fix?

Spawn more loot.

Spawn more AntiBiotics / Make chance of infection less.

Decrease the chance of a zombie tackle.

The tackle is the most annoying, i was trying to kill 3 guys with my m14, and as i shot at them, a zombie ran at me and hit to me to the ground. i was shot. I think i managed to kill 1 though. The tackle is way too common though, on the change log it says "HAVE A CHANCE". it's not "HAVE A CHANCE"

it's "WILL HIT YOU TO THE FLOOR" :P

But i really think they need a hotfix.

While zombies are harder I've been killed more than ever (even betrayed a couple times by friendlys who talk to me then 10 mins later kill me) due to the fact loot is so scarce. I have done my fair share of banditry to just to hope the guy has morphine or antibiotics. I read somewhere infection takes a while to kill you so as long as you kill a pig here and there it's not much of a big deal while it can blow your cover due to coughing.

On-Topic: I think the bandit will still shoot, die then come rant on the forums.

Please, there are respectable bandits.

I dont think much will really change even with the as50 or m107 removed to be honest i never seen someone camping electro or cherno with any of those guns they had a dmr or a m24 as50s and m107s were really rare i only ever found even though i played on the same server for months every day with friends so to the sniping hasnt even changed even if u have a car or heli some on can still snipe you if they have a perfect shot and the zombie knocking over thing while i am happy to see that the zombies are becoming more of a threat which is really awsome and yes maybe a game change in future patches but right now in this patch wont do much either a bandit will still shoot u at first sight regarless if he was the dinner bell for zombies hes still going to run into a house to try to slow zombies down so he could escape their agro but in future updates again its gonna be a game changer somewhat because you still have to opition to run which most people do

Please, there are respectable bandits.

Most, aren't...Some, yes.