Sign in to follow this  
detroilen

Sound when sneaking? Really?

Ok first of all I love this game. It is great for all those survival lovers out there. But now this patch makes you make noise when you sneak? Really? How realistic is that? You cannot even sneak around anywhere without being detected... Do you just expect us to crawl everywhere? How realistic is that... Feel free to flame me or agree with me I do not really care, I am just voicing my opinion.

I think they're still ironing the kinks out for visibility and sound.. that's my guess anyway. A lot of stuff took priority in the last hotfixes. Guessing with all the feedback they will continue tweaking.

I think it's a little much. Zombies shouldn't be so sensitive to hearing. I love the difficulty that was added to their sight in 1.1-1.3. But seriously, they're undead.

How can they distinguish our specific footsteps when they themselves, and other zombies are shuffling around and moaning like they're choking on each others dicks.

Crawling sucks. Hilariously I just got done playing. I broke my leg from closing a door on myself. Then 10 minutes later the guy I'd teamed up me get's his leg broken by a Zed. So we crawl to the hospital in Elektro and passing the church run into 2 guys and one of them had broke his leg as well. We were the triple cripples!

You can't be completely silent unless you're a trained military sniper, or some sort of assassin or something.

Do you think everyone that survives a zombie apocalypse will be a trained military sniper? Probably not.

Agreed.

I don't mind the visibility whilst sneaking, but the noise from shuffling about seems a tad too high at the moment. The only viable way of getting around a town/city without being seen or heard is to crawl now. Now, given, there are moments where crawling is necessary, but it seems one isn't even able to approach an area of interest without drawing aggro from zombies if one isn't crawling. It's a bit excessive in my opinion.

Wut?

You know, Joyrider, despite what the Hollywood movies would have you believe "assassins" are not super human. Neither are "trained military snipers."

You can't be completely silent unless you're a trained military sniper' date=' or some sort of assassin or something.

Do you think everyone that survives a zombie apocalypse will be a trained military sniper? Probably not.

[/quote']

this is so dumb. yeah, perfectly good reason to make a game completely unplayable, nobody are elite military snipers, durr

I'm rolling back to 1.7.1.1 for now until sneaking is fixed.

I think it's a little much. Zombies shouldn't be so sensitive to hearing. I love the difficulty that was added to their sight in 1.1-1.3. But seriously' date=' they're undead.

How can they distinguish our specific footsteps when they themselves, and other zombies are shuffling around and moaning like they're choking on each others dicks.

[/quote']

This is a very good point. The fact that zombies don't aggro on the random shambling of their fellow infected should at least be a benchmark for the stealth capabilities of characters.

You can't be completely silent unless you're a trained military sniper' date=' or some sort of assassin or something.

[/quote']

this is so dumb. yeah, perfectly good reason to make a game completely unplayable, nobody are elite military snipers, durr

I'm rolling back to 1.7.1.1 for now until sneaking is fixed.

Or you could Alpha test like everyone else and report bugs/suggestions? Why would you roll back when the whole point of us playing during "Alpha" is to help development of the game.

Again.. this is the 100th time I've seen someone speak as though this is an end-game product not living up to their expectations. We're testing.. thats it.. nothing is owed to us.

Sound should only attract zombies to a location, no aggro. Like throwing a whiskey bottle and it smashes, a zombie doesn't immediately run there, he turns and investigates. Only sight should aggro I believe, so when moving through towns, if you crouch walk or crawl, you generate no sound (at least nothing a zed would be interested in) and if you do make a sound, it will cause zombies to walk in your direction.

Even if they walked a bit faster when attracted to sound, that would be fine. Would also make tin cans and whiskey bottles much more useful.

I think it's a little much. Zombies shouldn't be so sensitive to hearing. I love the difficulty that was added to their sight in 1.1-1.3. But seriously' date=' they're undead.

[/quote']

They are not undead.

The zombies in DayZ are INFECTED living people, such as 28 days later. They have heightened senses and super human strength and speed.

[/quote']

They are not undead.

The zombies in DayZ are INFECTED living people, such as 28 days later. They have heightened senses and super human strength and speed.

"Realistic "Zombies" with custom animations - These once human creatures will act and behave as if they have a heighten sense of hearing and smell but less sight, on top of that they use motion captured animations such as walking and eating from your unconscious body. If you look into any built up area you'll see them walking around waiting for their next victim which dares to venture in"

-dayzmod.com

Per the website itself. If they have super hearing they shouldn't have eagle eye vision.

I Also Agree with this, i just started playing recently after a two day break considering the servers and gameplay where just unplayable, I now come on and decide to go solo into a small town and realize that my sound and eye sight are quite giant and from then to the time i died in the town i have been quite furious that the game is going sadly downhill at the time i've had about 6-7 friends sadly fade away from the game for now.

this is just a complaint and i understand that this is still in development

They don't have eagle eye vision... If someone ran (or sneaked for that matter) 100m in front of you in game would you be able to see him? I can see people crawling from 100m away, so having zombies see people run 50m away (or whatever the vision radius is) isn't that far fetched.

New zombies just require new tactics. Change is always resisted.