Sign in to follow this  
TheMadmanAndre

How do you add Custom Vehicle Spawns on a Private Hive server?

Pretty much what it says on the tin; I'm wanting to add aditional spawn locations, where specific vehicles can spawn, such as along the coast or around airfields. I've seen it done on several servers already, so I know it is possible. So far, Ihave a mission.sqf that contains a number of vehicles in locations around Chernarus. and I know that you have to edit the vehicles table in the SQL database to do this. I currently host a Vilayer server running their DayZ package, and they have several tools for manipulating vehicles; however they're mostly regarding removing existing vehicles and adding vehicles in random locations.

Also, one of the things I am wondering is if there's an efficient way to get the spawn positions into the database without having to do them all by hand, one by one. Which by the look of things I'm going to have to do so I guess for future reference.

Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Google CPBO and use it to unzip your mission file. Then, move the DayZ-related files out and edit the mission.sqf, removing the addons= and addonsauto= DayZ files and save.

Then repack the mission, move it to My Documents\ArmA2OA other profiles\profilename\missions and place it wherever you save your editor missions.

Then run ArmA 2 OA without DayZ enabled and open the editor. Load your DayZ mission file and start editing shit. You can add in buildings, weapon boxes, and all the other cry-baby spawn-in-gear admin bullcrap you want. Have fun. ;) (be careful not to spawn in DayZ-banned items, like the M1A1 Abrams Tank or AS50TWS)

Save your mission when you're done, and choose "Export to MP missions."

Go back to your MP mission folder (in your ArmA 2 OA directory) and find the exported version of your mission. Unpack it again and add all the DayZ stuff back in (mission.sqf and the files you may have deleted). Then launch your server as per usual.

• Like 1

Google CPBO and use it to unzip your mission file. Then, move the DayZ-related files out and edit the mission.sqf, removing the addons= and addonsauto= DayZ files and save.

Then repack the mission, move it to My Documents\ArmA2OA other profiles\profilename\missions and place it wherever you save your editor missions.

Then run ArmA 2 OA without DayZ enabled and open the editor. Load your DayZ mission file and start editing shit. You can add in buildings, weapon boxes, and all the other cry-baby spawn-in-gear admin bullcrap you want. Have fun. ;) (be careful not to spawn in DayZ-banned items, like the M1A1 Abrams Tank or AS50TWS)

Save your mission when you're done, and choose "Export to MP missions."

Go back to your MP mission folder (in your ArmA 2 OA directory) and find the exported version of your mission. Unpack it again and add all the DayZ stuff back in (mission.sqf and the files you may have deleted). Then launch your server as per usual.

If you're running a private hive configuration, would you still be able to spawn "illegal" items using that method? I've seen abrams tanks and hardcore weapons on a couple of such servers before...

If you're running a private hive configuration, would you still be able to spawn "illegal" items using that method? I've seen abrams tanks and hardcore weapons on a couple of such servers before...

You add them using rMod 2.1 :) You can have any weapon or vehicle from the ArmA series.

A lot of dickface admins that can't play right use something called the rMod, which re-legalizes everything to the game. AS50TWS (thermal scope), T-90 tank (which is already legal), apache hunter-killer choppers, rocket launchers, et cetera.

The rMod, however, is very tricky to install depending on how your server is set up. For me, I get an infinite loop of mission loading which won't let the server launch with non-DayZ mods, which kind of sucks because I'd like to have a RPG and MG nest for the occasional helicopter hunting spree but whatever.

Any item can exist in the DayZ world. However, if you were to pick up a banned item (let's say, a Mk12SPR) or get into a banned vehicle (M1A1), you automatically get kicked if you fire the gun (although it isn't deleted from your inventory. The kick prevents you from hurting anyone/anything, but you do waste the bullet) and you get kicked (I believe) on moving the vehicle. The illegal vehicle will delete within 10 seconds of being entered. You can have an M1A1 to look cool; you just can't use it.

The only time I've seen the rMod used right was on this massive RP server in which a loose coalition of expatriated soviet forces (bandits) used stolen Russian equipment (T90s, et cetera) to take over the major cities and north airfields. The US military, after stopping (most) of the west-hemisphere outbreak crisis, got paratrooped via C130J into Chernarus. The US and Russian forces had kick ass weapons (MG36, RPK-74, et cetera) and pretty cool vehicles (helicopters with no missiles, 5-shot RPGs mounted on trucks). There was a lot less focus on the real survival aspects... it was kind of a giant Team Death Match with zombies and starvation added in.

if all youre wanting to do is add custom vehicle spawns then why not just do it in the database? No need to be faffing about with the mission pbo

if all youre wanting to do is add custom vehicle spawns then why not just do it in the database? No need to be faffing about with the mission pbo

I was asking here because that particular task is pretty daunting. Copypasting several hundred lines of code from one tab to another. I was wondering if there was an alternative.

I was asking here because that particular task is pretty daunting. Copypasting several hundred lines of code from one tab to another. I was wondering if there was an alternative.

what on earth are you on about? adding new vehicle spawn points in the DB takes merely a minute.

Edited by U.G.N - Jedi Panda

A lot of dickface admins that can't play right use something called the rMod, which re-legalizes everything to the game. AS50TWS (thermal scope), T-90 tank (which is already legal), apache hunter-killer choppers, rocket launchers, et cetera.

The rMod, however, is very tricky to install depending on how your server is set up. For me, I get an infinite loop of mission loading which won't let the server launch with non-DayZ mods, which kind of sucks because I'd like to have a RPG and MG nest for the occasional helicopter hunting spree but whatever.

You don't have to add OP weapons/vehicles :P ArmA has some exellent vehicles and weapons, balance is the key.

It's also very simple to setup, add 'rmod' in the addons list in your mission.sqm, change your launch parameters and make sure the @rmod addon is in your root directory.

what on earth are you on about? adding new vehicle spawn points in the DB takes merely a minute.

What are you doing exactly?

just adding the entries to the world_vehicle table, and setting the limit_min and limit_max values in the vehicle table. Takes all of 30 seconds as long as you have the coordinate you want the vehicle to spawn at.

Edited by U.G.N - Jedi Panda