Sign in to follow this  
JasonSabotage

If you die in Dayz as a Hero...

Yeah, you're still a hero. Kind of like dropping civilian clothes after putting on camo. To look a hero like again you can off yourself and respawn with the hero skin. Humanity is persistent.

Edited by Saethkept

yes,you will respawn as a hero until your humanity drops under 5000,so dont go all killing spree if you want to maintain your hero skin.

yes,you will respawn as a hero until your humanity drops under 5000,so dont go all killing spree if you want to maintain your hero skin.

Actually, you keep the hero skin until you have low enough humanity to be a bandit. There's no going back to survivor unless you gain humanity as a bandit. Dying resets your humanity to 5000 (or 2500, I forgot). So really, you can go on a mad killing spree and stay as a hero until you reach low levels of humanity, die and reset it back up.

Warning: Abuse of this knowledge as a sorry excuse to kill people will result in public hanging.

Just a note though, when you die as a hero, there is a glitch where you spawn put over the ocean constantly falling into it. Simply restart DayZ and it should be fixed.

Just a note though, when you die as a hero, there is a glitch where you spawn put over the ocean constantly falling into it. Simply restart DayZ and it should be fixed.

you can also get that as a bandit too. just a heads - up.

Actually, you keep the hero skin until you have low enough humanity to be a bandit. There's no going back to survivor unless you gain humanity as a bandit. Dying resets your humanity to 5000 (or 2500, I forgot). So really, you can go on a mad killing spree and stay as a hero until you reach low levels of humanity, die and reset it back up.

Warning: Abuse of this knowledge as a sorry excuse to kill people will result in public hanging.

This is incorrect, you start at 2500 humanity, if you go up to 5000 you become a hero, the only way for this to go down again is by killing other heroes or survivors, if you go down down below 5000 you become a survivor again.

You will become a bandit when you get to -2000,

And become a survivor again when you get up to 0 humanity.

When at anything below 2500 your humanity will slowly rise back up until it get back to 2500.

(This doesn't work the other way round, you do not slowly lose humanity if you are above 2500.)

Dying does not effect humanity at all, its persistent through death.

Worth noting that other mods such as DayZ Origins handle humanity different to DayZ.

Edited by Fluxley

this is what happened to me when i was a hero skin so had to go on a killing spree for it to stop, but it didnt :(

Thats due to a bug with the anti teleport script, this has been addressed in the upcoming patch.

THANKS FOR FEEDBACK, so now im a bandit haha fuck mylife, i was the only one to help EVERYONE that needed help weather it be a trap. kinda like spiderman but better. do you know when the update is coming as its so annoying

do you know when the update is coming as its so annoying

Hopefully later this week,i think it was supposed to come out this monday

THANKS FOR FEEDBACK, so now im a bandit haha fuck mylife, i was the only one to help EVERYONE that needed help weather it be a trap. kinda like spiderman but better. do you know when the update is coming as its so annoying

:D looks like thats 20 blood transfusions you have to give, or just stay away from people for a while, your humanity will slowly rise by itself. good luck

It's a tough question, to be sure.

The way I see it, you either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain.