Sign in to follow this  
living2die3

"Wrong CD Key" No matter what I try I can't fix it, I have tried everything!

Hey guys,

I've seen other people on the forums with this problem too, I tried everything anyone has suggested and it just will not work!

I purchased the game off steam, Arma 2 and Arma OA and then i downloaded DayZ. Whenever I use Dayz commander and try to update it i get "Wrong CD key". I have tried EVERYTHING, literally everything anyone suggests and it will not work. Whenever i try and "verify integrity of game Cache" on steam on Arma 2 and Arma OA It will not complete and leaves 1 file to be reacquired. I've uninstalled and re-installed and everything of that sort.

It's driving me mad.

Does anyone have any other ideas?!

Do you have team viewer? i could sit here for half the day shooting problems at you, or i can take a look in your computer and get this over with quicky

Edited by =DiG= Zgraphz

makes it a shit load harder but ok, it's your registry files are corrupted and or your directories may also be screwed up, file system check list from steam, the Verify system game cache from steam, should ALWAYS fix that cd key problem, if it doesn't, then there is something wrong with steam. Steam should not freeze or stop in downloading a file. If you have windows 8 it could be a system registry not allowing the game to play, if it's windows 7/vista the chances are the entire file system for steam is corrupted. from this point and from the information you;ve given me, there is a hundred's of reason why it's doing this

Please if you dont want to use team viewer, im gonna need you to check every file in your registry(steam/arma2 related) and your directorties and post them in screen shots on here so i can actually see with my own eye whats going on. if you could make a video and just open and close items and i can see their set values, and or placements that would be great to. good luck!

I have this problem too and I'd be happy to go on TeamViewer to get help. I've tried verifying the cache, run as admin etc. but nothing works.

A pretty annoying inconvenience.