xavier.stepien@live.fr

Too much Hatchet spawning

Hi!

Just played now, and before sleep i just want to notice that hatchet are spawning too much.

Last barns i have visited, all spawn position holding an hatchet... and the small kind of barns near also have two hatchets.

I love this stuff but i also need food and drinks...

And also thx for all the dev-team, this mod is on a very good way! Big-UP!

Completely agreed, in one warehouse I found 4 hatchets. A little overkill, espeically when a makarov could have helped me out a bit more

To the original poster. Can you rename this thread *** Hatchet Bugs List *** and we'll get a consolidated list.

My problem (1.7.1.4) perhaps a legacy of trying 1.7.1.2 (deep breath) is I cannot equip a hatchet. I've lots of space but cannot equip. Luckily there's plenty of wood.

I'm finding a ton of hatchets, the primary weapon ones i can interact with fine and they take my main weapon slot (and seem to silently kill zombies in one hit when prone and crawling), but I keep finding hatchets which have the icon of the green shotgun shell and upon transferring them to my inventory they disappear, even though I have plenty of slots.

did they remove the little hatchets that go in the equipment slots with the compass and maps etc? I really need wood, but every hatchet I grab disappears and I haven't come across any of the actual melee weapon ones in forever..

^ same as me. 2 hatchet sizes? 1 for melee and other for wood chopping? I doubt it. (Will have a read up).

This is a left-over from 1.7.1.2 I guess.

Can anyone confirm that you can cut wood with the big melee axes?

I'll be kind of annoyed if i have to ditch my rifle just to get some wood, I'm currently in the wilderness with 2k blood and my pack full with raw meat while i lose consciousness every 15 feet after surviving an attempted murder. so it's very frustrating that every axe i find is bugged in some way haha

NB. raised as a formal bug here https://dev-heaven.net/issues/33854

EDIT: Actually quite a few formal bugs raised with "1.7.1.4" and "hatchet" in the title. I think they will know about it!

Not being able to equip is a PITA. But there is lots of wood around (assuming you're not in the wilderness :-)

Yea, you can cut wood with the "rifle axes" its the same as before, go into the woods near a tree, open gear menu, right click and select "harvest wood".

Also, if you find an axe you have to equip and "reload" it before you can use it on zombis.

Hatches! Hatches EVERYWHERE!!

I like it!

But yea... how can i use a hatchet like i used to.. in my inventory, to chop wood..

hatchet now need to be on primary weapon slot, or take 10 slots in backpack.

And, yes i think we need a smaller hatchet to just cut wood.

Crossbow + Hatchet, you will never heard me !!!

I just tried to make a thread about too many hatchets. I logged out of my game just now in a barn which contained 4 hatchets. Really? I've already got one and have NO guns. And i find 4 hatchets... :(