Sign in to follow this  
Ricerboy

Battle-Eye making FPS drop?

So I haven't played DayZ in a while, but when I tried to play it again everything seems to go well, but withing a minute of first logging in the game is EXTREMELY slow, as in less than 1 FPS. I've changed my Arma version multiple times until I stopped at what I heard is the most stable (103718). Each time the game would be fine, until the same thing happens, within a minute the FPS just dies. I noticed that every time this happens, a message popped up about the version of Battle-Eye the server requires. The game is running perfectly until this message pops up. I tried reinstalling it, but no luck.

Does anyone know a fix for this problem?

assumeing you bought the game threw steam. When was the last time you verified the system cache of all arma games in the library, and then when was the last time you launched arma,arma2oa,arma2BAF,Arma2PMC from steam? do all that first before i tell you to do something else

To be honest i don't think it's BE at all. It seems when the server sends you something your frame rates drops because of it, If it was battle eye the chances of you getting into a server without being kicked is very rare. BE is lightweight and shouldn't cause any Lag issues, that's all on your end. It also couldn't be the arma beta/patches because u wouldn't be able to get into the game. let alone give you any lag issues, To play DayZ, you need these things. A clean computer(no virus/no bullshit) A computer that is consistently updated with Hardware and Software updates. 3.0GHZ or more Processor speed, 4 Gigs of ram or more, a gtx-3 series and radeon HD 6 series or higher, A fast HDD/SSD for faster arma file indexing(standard 7200rpm HDD isn't fast enough). last but not least, a decent internet connection. if you are lacking in those areas, your gonna have problems with DayzMod, not sure about Stand Alone, seeing how that's all going to be mostly server sided instead of client side.

Also it could be the list of servers you are trying to join, if you we're completely updated with your computer, arma/be/steam and Net FRAMEWORKS.dll's then you shouldn't be having these issues.

Edited by =DiG= Zgraphz

I have a top shelf computer that used to run dayz on ultra with no problems whatsoever now this damn patch comes out and it lags soo bad that its unplayable.