Xianyu

Double barrel shotgun seems a little...lame?

Okay, a double-barrel, home-defense or hunting shotgun. That's pretty cool, right? But as I look at it, it just seems....lame.

It's a double-barrel shotgun, right? What's the firing rate on those? Isn't it like, as fast as you can pull the trigger? Having never fired one myself, I couldn't say. But I KNOW the firerate isn't that slow.

Don't give me that 'balance' BS. It's got two shots per mag. Having no restriction on firerate would reduce it to being a recoil-controlled fire rate weapon, kind of like the makarov. And with only two rounds, it wouldn't get out of hand.

And that's another thing...magazines for the thing are two rounds. TWO. And they take up the same amount of inventory space. Can't we like, stack them or something? You know, maybe six rounds per space? At present, the weapon is just...utterly underwhelming.

I found it in a barn, and was like 'hey, I like shotguns!' so I picked it up. Tried it out on some zombies. It's loud as hell. It drops zombies.

But lack of magazines and the horrid firerate just renders it...useless, pretty much.

I actually had to keep it, as when I picked back up my AK, the server went down. I swapped it out for a Leeroy Enfield the first chance I got.

Yeah, that's right. I prefer the dinner bell over this underwhelming POS.

Thoughts?

Pretty sure it's accurate.. it only has two shots then reload. Again, I'm not expert on guns. Worked quite well on a bandit at close range from behind. :D

Pretty sure it's accurate.. it only has two shots then reload. Again' date=' I'm not expert on guns. Worked quite well on a bandit at close range from behind. :D

[/quote']

I tried the slug rounds at range, I was forced to use iron sights as crosshairs were off. Couldn't hit the broad side of a barn. I used it with pellets only, and it could absolutely RAPE a group of zombies. But the reload and firerate are just so godawfully slow. If you miss, you'll get raped by a makarov in a straight-up fight.

When you have 4 stacks of 2 rounds you can combine them to make a single stack of 8 rounds.

...The double-barrel shotgun seems a much better weapon than previous, now. Praytell; how do you accomplish this feat of witchcraft? And can you only do it when you have four stacks?

Growing pains. I see it as a move to have a few more options In starting weaponry. Its got some problems but search to see if there is a thread is the suggestion forum regarding this issue and make your case in the form of a suggestion. If you make a good case and people back it it may very well be implemented.

Never tried it. Found one though, but allready had an m4a3...

What happened to the winny? I liked that gun now i just can't find it :(

Yeah you can only do it when you have 4 stacks.

Just right click on one of them in your inventory and there will be an option along the lines of' date=' "Combine to 8 rounds."

[/quote']

So the magazine then has 8 rounds before having to be reloaded? The 2 round limitation is, as far as I know, due to Arma's shitty inventory and whatnot, since it's a "double-barrel" shotgun.

Just right click on one of them in your inventory and there will be an option along the lines of' date=' "Combine to 8 rounds."

[/quote']

So the magazine then has 8 rounds before having to be reloaded? The 2 round limitation is, as far as I know, due to Arma's shitty inventory and whatnot, since it's a "double-barrel" shotgun.

I'm quite sure it would be the chemlights. You have a single stack, but the stack has 10 rounds in it. You just need to 'reload' in between using the chemlights.

Same for the shotgun. You have eight rounds in the stack, but you only load two of them. It makes the shotgun more attractive than before...but not by much.

A chemlight is more like a grenade than ammunition. I believe the ArmA engine itself is limited by its ammunition system. In order to restrict reloads to 2 rounds, I believe they have to be 2 round magazines that therefore take the same amount of space as a 30 round STANAG yet really shouldn't, due to the ArmA stupidity.

[/quote']

Do not know. I only found this out by collecting the ammo, did not have a double barrel on me at the time.

I found one in a barn today as well.

It's neat at first, but it's completely useless.

I'd rather be shooting an Enfield in the middle of Elektro.

I found a DB shotgun once. Tried it out, then realized that if I got more than 3 zombies on me in the wilderness, I was fucked.

Something better than a double-barrel shotgun?

- How about a OTs-33 Pernach or a Fort-12. They both use makarov ammo, so why not.

- Something else that would be neat would be an SKS. It's a 7.62x39 semi auto carbine. Could use AKM mags if need be, although officially the magazine size is 10, not 30.

- A pellet gun. Ammo is common, and each magazine is 60 rounds. However, it is very low powered, requiring 5 body hits to kill. However, it should be one of the quietest weapons in the game. Comes with an low-powered scope, but unable to zero in.

Suggestions as replacements to the DB shotgun.

I like the shotgun tbh, I hope in the future more "home"weapons will be included and the military weapons will be much more rare and hard to find.

I think it's a good idea to have both great and crappy weapons in the game. Sometimes you just gotta use what you find and deal with it. Probably it's working the way it would irl, and I'm sure some weapons would not be that great against Zombies or people irl. The same experience of finding that crappy weapon but being forced to use it should be enjoyed in DayZ. :)

The OP's point about rate of fire is totally valid. It should fire the second round as fast as you can click the mouse a second time. As it is now, there is an artificial delay between your first and second shots. It has two triggers.

Maybe even an alternate fire mode that fires both at once would be nice.

agree. Its so lame its worse then any weapon. Even worse then the makarov for which you find unlimited ammo. Even the axe is better.