Time Glitch

TX20 Receiving Special Dev Treatment?

Hi everyone.

I play on TX20, and while I love the server, I'm concerned about recent happenings.

I noticed that even while the server's using Beta 93701 and 1.7.1.4, Side and Global chat is enabled. I asked (In side chat) what the what was going on. I know that side chat is supposed to be disabled, per Rocket's design.

When I asked, everyone said "Oh yeah a Dev enabled it 2 weeks ago when we got the server."...I was surprised. The latest update wasn't 2 weeks ago...So I asked why. Nobody seemed to have an answer. The admins were not there to explain things, but this seems awfully fishy. I don't think an actual dev would intentionally give preferential treatment to one server...

I'm invested in this server (Have a camp on it), and I don't want to see this fast and up-to-date server blacklisted or shut down...But I'm curious as to just what's going on here.

Thanks to anyone who can provide an answer.

I don't think those chats were removed, but the capability to remove them was added as a server side option, like 3rd person or crosshairs.

I think there is no crime here.

I don't think those chats were removed' date=' but the capability to remove them was added as a server side option, like 3rd person or crosshairs.

I think there is no crime here.

[/quote']

Yeah, that's what I heard.. Command, Side, and Global chat is disabled for some servers(depending on Admin preference), and I think if you have an out of date Beta Patch you can still get it on those servers, not sure though.

Check this thread:

http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=9518

Link in the thread with a quote from rocket:

The disabling is done in the mission file' date=' already released. But it requires running the beta client to be effective. The beta client is required by 1.7.1. Ergo, nobody will be able to use side/global in 1.7.1[/i']

This, right here.

That's exactly what I was worried about. NOBODY is supposed to be able to use Global/Side chat.

Are you seriously going on about this STILL?

We asked to have it enabled. It was enabled. ANY SERVER ADMIN CAN DO THIS. THIS IS NOT SPECIAL TREATMENT. Get it through your thick skull.

We use 93701 because 93825 kicks people for Script Restriction 16 for some reason (even when it's installed on the server). I told you before and I will tell you again, we are not receiving special treatment.

Why do people come straight to the forums to get told the same thing by everyone else. You're seriously starting to piss me off sir.

We asked to have it enabled. It was enabled. ANY SERVER ADMIN CAN DO THIS. THIS IS NOT SPECIAL TREATMENT. Get it through your thick skull.

We use 93701 because 93825 kicks people for Script Restriction 16 for some reason (even when it's installed on the server). I told you before and I will tell you again' date=' we are not receiving special treatment.

Why do people come straight to the forums to get told the same thing by everyone else. You're seriously starting to piss me off sir.

[/quote']

Exactly this.

The admins were not there to explain things, but this seems awfully fishy.
We told you when you asked and all you did was try to act like you knew everything. Despite us telling you why it was on you kept saying "nope, no. they don't do that. you're wrong."

if the devs want to remove it then more power to them. i don't use sidechat and i don't care about it. but quit trying to act like it's a huge conspiracy. if they want it removed we can remove it.

We use 93701 because 93825 kicks people for Script Restriction 16 for some reason (even when it's installed on the server). I told you before and I will tell you again' date=' we are not receiving special treatment.

[/quote']

Exactly this.

The admins were not there to explain things, but this seems awfully fishy.
We told you when you asked and all you did was try to act like you knew everything. Despite us telling you why it was on you kept saying "nope, no. they don't do that. you're wrong."

if the devs want to remove it then more power to them. i don't use sidechat and i don't care about it. but quit trying to act like it's a huge conspiracy. if they want it removed we can remove it.

Not just that but when you join the server it states in the MOTD that [sD] Hype, [sD] Shaddos, [sD] Brooklyn and KidDeath are the server admins. So like Hype and I both said, we kept telling you and you weren't listening.

I'm really not trying to sound like a prick, but I am really getting tired of people not listening to us when we tell them why something is the way it is. Then they come to the forums all like BLACKLIST THIS SERVER or THEY'RE GETTING SPECIAL DEV TREATMENT!!!11!! when we're not. We're following every rule Rocket has in place and we asked to have side chat enabled. It really is a per server basis. If the server admins want it on, they can have it on.

Jesus christ.

You players act like you know everything when you don't. It's getting really irritating. Just play the game and enjoy it for what it is.

EDIT: ALSO. Just an FYI. We used to own Chicago 28. Side Chat was enabled. When we bought the server for TX20, side chat was enabled. It has been enabled this entire time and you want to say something about it now? We've had side chat and everything else since the start of the server and you're now saying something about it. Stop with your trolling and get a life.

They must be using the old mission file. The new one removes chat unless the admins edit the mission file, which I will point out, is a big no no.