Sign in to follow this  
voltagev

updateing

so for a while a have been using the six updater program to update dayz.

it always said it was up to date even when i didn't update for days.

i had assumed that the program was auto updating.

so i've been like this for about a week now where six launcher and updater say i'm up to date. i go into a server and all audio is missing, i have nothing saying my ammo, i can't open my gear, half of the icons on the right are gone, and the debug monitor is missing. obviously i haven't been getting updates, or if i have, they haven't been installed properly. if some one could just tell me exactly what is happening i would be very thankful.

p.s. i haven't been checking the forum very long so if there's a post about this could you just post a link please?

just a shameless bump, didn't get anything and i'm about to go to bed. i'll check in the morning and if nothing go searching some more.

Sigh, i'll give you this what I just told someone else

Yes, it's unstable as fuck, stop using Six Launcher. The first thing I want you to do right now is uninstall it and then delete the six projects folder from your program files. After that install the 3825 beta patch from the Arma 2 beta website.

Once you have done that delete your @Dayz folder from your Arma 2 CO folder. Then install your beta patch. After that go and download the 1.7.1.4 patch from index of Dayz. drag the @Dayz folder that's in the zip folder you downloaded and drag it into your Arma 2 CO directory. Then follow this for learning how to run DayZ from the beta.cmd command prompt

Go to the Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead directory (for example C:\Program Files (x86)\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2 Operation Arrowhead) and right-click -> edit on .cmd file "_runA2CO_beta.cmd".

Search for ":run" near the end of the file. Add ";@dayz" without quotes to "-mod=%_ARMA2PATH%;EXPANSION;ca".

Run "_runA2CO_beta.cmd" and enjoy playing!

yeah i found the thread you had replied to just before i checked this. i'll go there for further instruction. thanks for the help.