Sign in to follow this  
Buckit (DayZ)

Day Z Operation arrowhead issues...

I recently bought arma 2: combined ops off amazon, since it was on sale. I did this with the goal in mind to play Day Z, since all of my friends keep telling me how awesome it is. But complications arose. For one reason or another, Day Z commander cant seem to pick up my operation arrowhead. Whenever I attempt to join a server on it, it sends me to the steam community page for operation arrowhead. Now I learned my lesson; Never, EVER, buy games off of amazon. But this still leaves the issue at hand. Do I have to move the games into a different folder? Should I use a different day Z launcher? Or should I just delete EVERYTHING and re-download?

Don't launch the game through Commander. Did you think of that? >.>

just delete every thing, because you bought the game off amazon *fail* sorry but ugh amazon? lol sorry man but you gotta re-download the actual game, then manually install the beta patch into your Arma OA folder, do not put them in your user files, it has to be program files. and you might want to talk too.. shit i'll message you his name, hes good at this shit.

edit:

Hes good at retail versions

Edited by =DiG= Zgraphz

Ignore Apple.

Go to your DayZ Commander launch settings, and make sure you have it directed to the correct directories for ArmA 2 OA

• Like 1

Bean King, What should the directory for Operation arrowhead look like? I placed both of the games in program files\ Bohemia Interactive. Wheniver I override Arrowhead and change the text, it just changes back to normal. Im sorry im such a flaming noob :P

Bean King, What should the directory for Operation arrowhead look like? I placed both of the games in program files\ Bohemia Interactive. Wheniver I override Arrowhead and change the text, it just changes back to normal. Im sorry im such a flaming noob :P

bean king is rank, his name is statik

Ignore Apple.

Go to your DayZ Commander launch settings, and make sure you have it directed to the correct directories for ArmA 2 OA

I tried, but whenever I change it to operation arrowhead and click the override button, it just goes back to saying the directorys at Arma 2:(

I tried, but whenever I change it to operation arrowhead and click the override button, it just goes back to saying the directorys at Arma 2:(

Make sure you are clicking "Done" at the bottom, also make sure you have the correct path.

Do you have 'use beta exe checked'? (don't know exact wording as I use Play with Six) Not sure you'll need it. Random thought regarding linking to community page.

Edited by Blunt_Zephyr

Make sure you are clicking "Done" at the bottom, also make sure you have the correct path.

So I should leave the override checkbox checked?

the best thing to do is go to the drive you installed the game on, go all the way to opening arma 2/arma2OA/@DayZ copying each of the links and paste them in their corresponding directories. Make sure direct3d and close dayz commander after you join game are checked. Also make sure, that your Startup Launch parameters have the correct format. Example: "-winxp" "-MaxMem=2047" "-World=empty" "-nosplash" , google dayz startup launch parameters and look at BI's website for a better understanding and more of the commands.

If you have the correct path, then there should be no need for the 'override' box to be selected.

Alright, so heres what I have so far. In the setting section of Dayz Commander, I have the Operation arrowhead override box click, because its the only way I can modify the text. That works just fine, so I press done. As soon as that happens, the updater says OA needs to update to 1.62. Ive updated about 3 times now, but it always says it needs to update. Dear god, This game must really hate me. What should I do next?

Alright, so heres what I have so far. In the setting section of Dayz Commander, I have the Operation arrowhead override box click, because its the only way I can modify the text. That works just fine, so I press done. As soon as that happens, the updater says OA needs to update to 1.62. Ive updated about 3 times now, but it always says it needs to update. Dear god, This game must really hate me. What should I do next?

Do you have the ArmA 2 beta installed? If you look at the top of the "install" section of DayZ commander, which verison does it say?

If it's in yellow then it needs to be updated, if its in white, it's fine.

Also make sure your DayZ commander is updated fully.

Do you have the ArmA 2 beta installed? If you look at the top of the "install" section of DayZ commander, which verison does it say?

If it's in yellow then it needs to be updated, if its in white, it's fine.

Also make sure your DayZ commander is updated fully.

That's the thing. In the install/ update section, it says Arma 2 Not found( Out of date). When I press install, I get a box saying, "Do you want to install the Arma 2 OA patch build 103718 beta?". When I click yes, it says its downloading Arma2 OA to 1.62. When its done, I click okay, but it doesn't change anything, it still says its out of date.

That's the thing. In the install/ update section, it says Arma 2 Not found( Out of date). When I press install, I get a box saying, "Do you want to install the Arma 2 OA patch build 103718 beta?". When I click yes, it says its downloading Arma2 OA to 1.62. When its done, I click okay, but it doesn't change anything, it still says its out of date.

Have you gotten the window with the loadbar, and it says at the bottom it is 100% complete?

Have you gotten the window with the loadbar, and it says at the bottom it is 100% complete?

Yeah, it says everything downloaded and such. Then I press okay and it goes back to commander, but it shows that it didn't update.

Yeah, it says everything downloaded and such. Then I press okay and it goes back to commander, but it shows that it didn't update.

Try updating it manually.