Sign in to follow this  
Z3T4

[1.7.1.4] Dead body disappear

I ran around in Cherno and found several places with the bug/flies sound but there where no bodies.

I also ran to my own dead body and I heard the bug/flies sound but there was no body :(

*Current installed version:

DayZ 1.7.1.4 arma beta 39825

* Server version:

1.7.1.4 beta 39825

Sorry, don't remember what server it was. Might be a problem with the server or the new DayZ code. I always found bodies before.

*Your system specs:

Intel i7 2600K, Asus Nvidia Geforce GTX460, windows 7 x64

I also noticed this. I also thought maybe there is something wrong with the server version or something, a mismatch or anything. But i am pretty sure that i had the right server filter settings and joined the right server (e.g. searching for 1.7.1.4 / beta patch). Still, bodies not visible, but lotta flies.

I've encountered the same, version Arma 1.60 BETA 93965/DayZ 1.7.1.5.

I hear flies, triangulate their location using head phones, but no bodies. Tried to hide a player body when I came across it, but the flies continued to buzz around. I've tried this several times, same result.

same problem. It is definitely not intended. Pretty annoying. Please fix

I think this only applies to long range kills. When a player isn't close enough the player corpse just de-spawns. I shot a guy from <500m with a CZ550 and watched his corpse sink into the ground, but I got shot point blank in chero wielding a deadly flashlight, and ended up finding my own corpse over an hour later. I kind of like it to be honest, I don't think people who just camp the rooftops blasting everyone they see with a scoped rifle should be rewarded for it.