GBTP

Real world map of Chernarus

Wanted to throw out an idea to the forum

I, like any other overly cautious, somewhat paranoid survivor, am convinced that every time I open my map in game will be the exact time that another user will walk by, see me, and rain death down on my face as I am trying to compare geographic features to find out where I am.

SO, I did a little google hunting for a good high quality image on the Cherno map, threw in on a thumb drive and ran over to FedEx/Kinkos and for like $3.50 was able to make a poster sized map I could use while running around in game and have found this to be a really cool way to make things a little more immersive, I still have the slight panicky feeling of not looking at the screen when I'm face down in my map, but I have really been enjoying being able to have the physical copy.

I even folded it up like a road map, which may not be efficient, cause I inevitably have to unfold it every time I need to look at it, and then fold it back up in a freak moment of OCD like my character would need to in order to put it in his pack, but it's worth it for the little bit of added immersion for the game.

• Like 2

First of all, it's cheating because you can use it without having found an actual map in game.

Second, it's a waste of money; the library in my city let print a larger map, laminated it, and now I can use markers to draw and erase notes. :)

• Like 1

Fair about the cheating, in my defense my character does have a map, and I am jealous because my local libraries can't print large scale and don't laminate. But more so that gauging the moral implications of using a map if your character doesn't have one or disputing cost effective methods I wanted to give the users that haven't thought of this already an idea that has improved my game experience

• Like 1

Fair about the cheating, in my defense my character does have a map, and I am jealous because my local libraries can't print large scale and don't laminate. But more so that gauging the moral implications of using a map if your character doesn't have one or disputing cost effective methods I wanted to give the users that haven't thought of this already an idea that has improved my game experience

Well I'm glad you shared, because I'm sure now a lot of players are going to have even more fun in DayZ.

I draw angry faces on all the places I've died.

• Like 2

Well I'm glad you shared, because I'm sure now a lot of players are going to have even more fun in DayZ.

I can't tell if youre being facetious.. =/

I draw angry faces on all the places I've died.

That's hilarious and fantastic!! Beans to you

I have my map open on a second monitor most of the time. Helps me loads. Some would consider it cheating but I'm so bad at this game, you could give me an aimbot and I'd still find a way to fuck it up. I need all the help I can get...

I have a second computer with http://dayzdb.com/map pulled up, not that I really need it anymore, after awhile you won't need a map.

Edited by (TMW)HerrJon

I was using an app called Dayz Central Pro. Awesome for quick glances at the map or find things like ranging of scopes. Ended up picking up a 22" monitor that a relative didn't need and that was much better for putting the map up. While not overly practical if that big, your idea still sounds pretty cool for realism.

If you don't have the possibility to properly create one yourself, you can actually get the real Chernarus papermap from here! :)

It's a nice way of supporting BIS and while it is very handy ingame, it also makes for a very special addition to your gaming room. It looks really good on the wall B)

• Like 1

First of all, it's cheating because you can use it without having found an actual map in game.

Second, it's a waste of money; the library in my city let print a larger map, laminated it, and now I can use markers to draw and erase notes. :)

XD "its cheating but i do it better than you!" lol but thats actually a good idea.

• Like 1

If you don't have the possibility to properly create one yourself, you can actually get the real Chernarus papermap from here! :)

That's really cool, thanks for throwing that up!

I can't tell if youre being facetious.. =/

That's hilarious and fantastic!! Beans to you

I'm not being facetious.