Sign in to follow this  
HUGZ

Crossbow & Bolts

in my opinion the Crossbow is totally redundant right now. a quick and simple solution that will make it a feasible primary weapon is if the bolts stacked in the inventory.

so rather than how it is currently (1 bolt = 1 slot), bolts could stack in groups of 10 (10 bolts = 1 slot).

or you could even add a quiver into the game perhaps? that allows you to stack bolts once you've acquired one...

no to the quiver (to much Men in Tights), yes to the stacking of the bolts. Rounds stack, abeit in magazines but you get the idea.

Just having stacks of 5 bolts per slot would be great, right now its just a slot filler that is replaced as quickly as possible by any other weapon because it's so impractical.

I agree, though honestly any sort of improvement at all (1-hit body kills, etc) would be good for the crossbow at this point. Considering how there's nearly universal recognition that the crossbow is redundant I'm kind of surprised Rocket hasn't thrown even a minor buff on it in any of the recent patches.

I've done pretty good with the crossbow. what it needs is a quiver you can find which holds only 5 bolts. Have it be a survival item...

http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=10043

Not to toot my own horn... but I think this is a more possible suggestion.

either way is good' date=' something needs to be done with the cross bow

[/quote']

the devs will know the best way to work any idea into the game's mechanics so I'll leave that bit to them! glad to see I'm not the only one who's suggested something like this though

justice for the crossbow