Sign in to follow this  
stimpen

Prone all day long... when to crouch nowdays?

I've yet to find a way to sneak into town without being detected short of only playing at night time.

So... I guess that was one way to even out the load between day/night servers?

I think driving a car or a tank would attract less attention than crouching through a city now

I think Syndikos has a point' date=' perhaps we were spoilt by how easy the game was. Getting gear and surviving was easy. The only worry was other players back then, the zombies were simply background noise in a game of death match. They were a minor nuisance but little more.

However, the tedious thing about the game now is all the crawling involved and you can't crouch walk around houses without zombies outside noticing. The zombies do need to be toned down a bit, but not back to the level they were at. Its just a balancing act really.

[/quote']

Yeah, I may have been a bit harsh but I'm just really annoyed at how much complaint there is on such trivial matters in such an awesome game.

I feel that the zombies actually don't have as much of an impact on the world as they should. The game is "advertised" as a zombie survival game but instead it is a FPS with annoying zombies on the side.

The zombies are so easy to deal with that players can focus on casually killing each other. I was expecting to log in and run into players who are actually happy to see me because we are supposed to be the last survivors in a zombie apocalypse. Don't get me wrong, there are plenty of helpful players.

I think Syndikos has a point' date=' perhaps we were spoilt by how easy the game was. Getting gear and surviving was easy. The only worry was other players back then, the zombies were simply background noise in a game of death match. They were a minor nuisance but little more.

However, the tedious thing about the game now is all the crawling involved and you can't crouch walk around houses without zombies outside noticing. The zombies do need to be toned down a bit, but not back to the level they were at. Its just a balancing act really.

[/quote']

Yeah, I may have been a bit harsh but I'm just really annoyed at how much complaint there is on such trivial matters in such an awesome game.

I feel that the zombies actually don't have as much of an impact on the world as they should. The game is "advertised" as a zombie survival game but instead it is a FPS with annoying zombies on the side.

The zombies are so easy to deal with that players can focus on casually killing each other. I was expecting to log in and run into players who are actually happy to see me because we are supposed to be the last survivors in a zombie apocalypse. Don't get me wrong, there are plenty of helpful players.

1.7 was pretty good for the most part. If you got too close while crouch running/walking, you got aggro'd on and you would have to expend rounds to kill them or just simply die. Sneaking was the primary way to avoid them, but you'd have to be careful of other players out there also, which would cause you to cut corners and potentially get you killed.

The current patch is absolutely stupid. Spawning with no weapon, no medical supplies, nothing of value, etc. just encourages suicide loot runs until you are geared enough to move up North.

Never. That's when you should crouch now. You make too much noise' date=' you'll pull half the town from slowly walking while crouched.

And if you go up stairs, god help you with the amount of noise you make doing that.

[/quote']

+1

I think that people have to remember that this is a game where you are playing as a civilian not some SF assassin or "light foot" the Indian hunting/tracking master. You make noise when you move through the environment and can be spotted. I think the spotting ranges have gotten much better with 1.7.1, these are infected living people with near human senses so they should be able to see you crouch walking/running at 100m in open terrain. I also agree that proning should not allow you to be invisible you now have 1 sight bar and 1-0 noise bars when proning, once they adjust the noise for prone movement and crouch walk movement it will be nearly perfect.

You prone to avoid visual detection and move via crouch walking. Sneaking should and will require that you distract infected or choose a path where you are not in their LOS.

^^ Maybe you're a civilian.. I, however, am a SF assassin with blood roots to Indian hunting/tracking masters.

I think that people have to remember that this is a game where you are playing as a civilian not some SF assassin or "light foot" the Indian hunting/tracking master. You make noise when you move through the environment and can be spotted. I think the spotting ranges have gotten much better with 1.7.1' date=' these are infected living people with near human senses so they should be able to see you crouch walking/running at 100m in open terrain. I also agree that proning should not allow you to be invisible you now have 1 sight bar and 1-0 noise bars when proning, once they adjust the noise for prone movement and crouch walk movement it will be nearly perfect.

You prone to avoid visual detection and move via crouch walking. Sneaking should and will require that you distract infected or choose a path where you are not in their LOS.

[/quote']

And tell me what civilian knows how to gut an animal, correctly dose morphine, load and fire military grade weapons, and repair a helicopter? Oh yeah, it's a game and some things are stretched for playability.