Sign in to follow this  
Boss (DayZ)

US9 locked for personal farming and PvE

WTF is with these threads. CallofdutyKiddies. Grow the f% up.

well a lot of people i guess i mean some people buy more then one server so that if they want to do something like take videos of them killing walkers than they can and still have others open for people i mean its not like they have it locked 24/7

Well in a sandbox environment, each server is it's OWN environment. Granted yes, you can switch servers and have your character intact but all the vehicles/tents on the server stay there. So for admins to lock servers and go around collecting loot/vehicles while the server is locked means that no one can rival them for the supplies, thus rendering this survival and scavenging for loot aspect of the mod completely useless. This means they can temporarily disable players for their own gain. When the players are allowed back on, the admin now has 50% of the cars on their server/environment while the other players are in essence, ass-out.

I started playing on Gabriel's (AKA Dorak) Server, EU 7 and I got a car and tent there (He's raging in his post because I made a thread about this before and GABRIEL NOT HAPPY. GABRIEL RAGE). As you can see, he thinks just because he bought a server that he has the rights to lock the server at any time. YES HE DOES HAVE THE RIGHT. But the point of DayZ is this persistent world where danger is never very far away. The second he locked his server, all that danger went out the window (minus zombies lolz). Now little Gabriel can scavenge without any worry in the world. I made up my mind to switch my "base" to another server considering this is ACCEPTABLE BEHAVIOR for admins now. Sadly I couldn't take the car with me.

Today as I was going to get a car working, I was shot and killed. Boo hoo, so sad. But apparently if I want to get a car working without any danger, all I gotta do is buy a server and lock it up at any time I want because I bought it. Invite a couple of my friends, sit on the airfield farming it with some buddies on my personal server. Woot woot. Then when I got a chopper/couple of cars and good guns, sure let's open up the server so we have people to wreak havoc on. Feels good to be an admin.

Dayz Dev Team, I've sent you a PERSONAL 3 page report about this abuse to your email yesterday. I hope you read this thread and consider my words again. Server admins needs a checks and balances system. They shouldn't be able to lock a server at any time, unless you want your mod to be played in a way it wasn't meant to be played. This mod attracted many people because of survival of a zombie apocalypse with the fear of other players. You allow the admins to take out the other players whenever they want, you in essence ruin the mod's original feel.

I hope you read Gabriel's post and take into consideration your player base. Do you really want that power-hungry admin to rule his server/environment in such a way because he paid money?

Well in a sandbox environment' date=' each server is it's OWN environment. Granted yes, you can switch servers and have your character intact but all the vehicles/tents on the server stay there. So for admins to lock servers and go around collecting loot/vehicles while the server is locked means that no one can rival them for the supplies, thus rendering this survival and scavenging for loot aspect of the mod completely useless. This means they can temporarily disable players for their own gain. When the players are allowed back on, the admin now has 50% of the cars on their server/environment while the other players are in essence, ass-out.

I started playing on Gabriel's (AKA Dorak) Server, EU 7 and I got a car and tent there (He's raging in his post because I made a thread about this before and GABRIEL NOT HAPPY. GABRIEL RAGE). As you can see, he thinks just because he bought a server that he has the rights to lock the server at any time. YES HE DOES HAVE THE RIGHT. But the point of DayZ is this persistent world where danger is never very far away. The second he locked his server, all that danger went out the window (minus zombies lolz). Now little Gabriel can scavenge without any worry in the world. I made up my mind to switch my "base" to another server considering this is ACCEPTABLE BEHAVIOR for admins now. Sadly I couldn't take the car with me.

Today as I was going to get a car working, I was shot and killed. Boo hoo, so sad. But apparently if I want to get a car working without any danger, all I gotta do is buy a server and lock it up at any time I want because I bought it. Invite a couple of my friends, sit on the airfield farming it with some buddies on my personal server. Woot woot. Then when I got a chopper/couple of cars and good guns, sure let's open up the server so we have people to wreak havoc on. Feels good to be an admin.

Dayz Dev Team, I've sent you a PERSONAL 3 page report about this abuse to your email yesterday. I hope you read this thread and consider my words again. Server admins needs a checks and balances system. They shouldn't be able to lock a server at any time, unless you want your mod to be played in a way it wasn't meant to be played. This mod attracted many people because of survival of a zombie apocalypse with the fear of other players. You allow the admins to take out the other players whenever they want, you in essence ruin the mod's original feel.

I hope you read Gabriel's post and take into consideration your player base. Do you really want that power-hungry admin to rule his server/environment in such a way because he paid money?

[/quote']

To an extent I agree.

And I also take issue with the "Call of Duty Kiddies" comment....as I have never played COD and hate the shit out of it. I mainly have played Arma.

I think Gabriel's little tirade shows that Acebane has a valid point. If someone like that is running a server, he's very capable of locking it up...calling it "Filming" or "Testing" and doing whatever he wants because he pays for it.

Yeah you do, that's awesome. Don't expect me to play in it you raging psychopathic child.

Using your logic every-time someone wants to use their server that they pay for to film (which I believe they where doing in this case) one must allow dicks to join their server and risk them not being able to shoot without getting shot in the back by a dickhead. People today have become so entitled the moment someone blocks your access to something you get enraged and cry to mommy about how things are not fair and that you need mommy to fix it for you. If you feel so wronged instead of complaining, why do you organize a boycott or something of said server(s) where you think admins are being unfair because civil disobedience or in this case avoiding servers gets more then just standing around and yelling at the top of your lungs.

I see the wider gaming community has joined the Arma ranks...oh dear.

Locking thread. If you are new to the Arma community, know this;

Immature behaviour and abuse in the forums will NOT be tolerated. Arma devs have always had a close relationship with the community, and childish behaviour will push them away.