Sign in to follow this  
Sgt Murica

DayZ 3d models and where to find them?

Hello, I have been getting into 3d modeling and animation for quite a while. I am interested in making a DayZ animation such as the one made for DayZ Origins 1.6 update. (Sorry I couldn't find the link) I am currently using Autodesk Maya 2014 Educational License, so I can't monetize anything, but still have 3 years left on it. How ever, I would like to find the Survivor and Zombie models. If anyone can tell me how to get the models from DayZ or can send me the models I would appreciate it :)

Someone who too does 3D Modeling and Animation I know if you were to take the models from the game it'd be considered Model Theft. Unless you got Bohemia Interactive to work with you and give you the Models themselves/rights to use it. It'd be in your best interest to make the Models yourself.

Ok, I could make my own version of the survivor, shouldn't be too hard. Thanks for the heads up!

the survivor should be in the dlc files

zombie in the dayz files

most likely they are inside the .pbo archives

Having worked with Modeling for Arma, I can tell you that even if you locate the file, it won't open in a 3D program because it's encrypted.

There are Arma 2 models that BI released for free that you can use to create animations. You can find them at armaholic.com.

Edited by entspeak

Having worked with Modeling for Arma, I can tell you that even if you locate the file, it won't open in a 3D program because it's encrypted.

There are Arma 2 models that BI released for free that you can use to create animations. You can find them at armaholic.com.

To my knowledge all links to download them are broken, same with all the mirrors.

Wow. Did not know that. I guess I was lucky to get them before they took down the links. I wonder why they did that and make no mention on their website of it. Weird.

Wow. Did not know that. I guess I was lucky to get them before they took down the links. I wonder why they did that and make no mention on their website of it. Weird.

They didn't take them down, the links broke. Meaning they could've changed servers and not updated the links, or other reasons.

Here's a link for you that is working :)

It contains all the ArmA sample models consisting of vehicles, weapons, environment and creatures/soldiers. You can use these models as a template for your work.

This is the corresponding license agreement

ArmA - Sample Models

====================

Copyright © 2008 Bohemia Interactive a.s. All rights reserved. Unauthorized use is strictly prohibited.

For more information about ArmA addons modelling visit http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Modelling

This archive contains sample models, configs and model configs to be used in BI Editing Tools to create custom models for ArmA.

To distribute or modify or use the ArmA Sample Models in any way, you must agree to the following license:

THE LICENSE

============

1) Bohemia Interactive grants to you a personal, nonexclusive License to open, modify and distribute the ArmA Sample Models for the purpose of designing, developing, testing, and producing non-commercial game content for PC game ArmA and its sequels or expansion packs.

2) You acknowledge and agree that you will not commercially exploit any game content you may created using the models without Bohemia Interactive prior written permission.

3) Bohemia Interactive doesn't give you permission to exploit ArmA Sample Models in any other way, especially not to convert them for use in any other game or engine than ArmA or its sequels and expansion.

4) If you create and distribute a work based on the ArmA Sample Models you must license the entire work, as a whole, under this License to anyone who will be using it. This License gives no permission to license the work in any other way, but it does not invalidate such permission if you have separately received it.

Kind regards!

• Like 2