Sign in to follow this  
leo235

named chars and investigating corpses to find murderers

You should have to name every new char you make.

Thousands of possibilities here.

People wouldnt keep respawning because it now takes typing and a click more to do it.

There could be lists of known murderers in firestations. Not sure how to realize this though, maybe you can investigate bodies to find out who killed them so people whould have to hide their kills. People who click "read list" on the list and look at one of the murderers on that list would get breathing or something.

Or give them nothing but the list and let them try to remember all that shit.

Friends who play together can share the same last name (HILARIOUS ones like Shorddig or Bickock)

Notes/Journals would begin to make sense.

People could "make a name" on a server or in the game which could motivate all kinds of behaviour.

I dont know

Good idea, but there is one problem, there are a lot of new players , as the mod becomes more popular

new players means a lot of dead people, as they are not used to surviving.

I understand you want to "punish" the killers, but in this way you will also punish people that aren't good in the game, that are killed , or just had a bad run .

But again, if you force people to make a new name for every new char that they make, it will makes a bond with the char.

i got mixed feelings about it, It has great things behind the idea, but also troubles behind it.

A other thing on that is that friends you have been with before death might not recognize you anymore there will be people that will missuse it by saying they are that friend they just lost, (small chance but yea) with the new name.(part of that can be prevented by giving you a surtain look and voice inside the profile selection of arma2 , i got a zomby face with shades :D) which will make people recognizable , and ads that little more of a bond between player and character

(sorry to much random thoughts)

It is overall a interesting idea that might need a "little" more thought, or a other use.but i like it :3.

Sorry for the long reply xD i was giving my mind about it, if you aze interested :3

but zilver:

Nobody would investigate murders of dead people on the coast. They did that to themselves by beeing on the coast.

real People really have real names in Reality so really its really a really realistic change.

Also people couldnt pretend they were someone else much better than they can now. The one dude who learns the mannerisms and voice of ONE SIGULAR other player to take his name when he dies to fool others deserves whatever he gets out of it.

and I DONT WANT TO PUNISH murderers. The systems we had before does that. I want to give players a chance to do it.