Sign in to follow this  
Petrollium

dayz goes crazy

So after about two hours of playing day went AWOL on me. The screen started shaking and my toon was violently spinning around uncontrollably. He was point my m1911 every which way and the screen started artifacting. Grey lines and negative colors. It was disturbing. So I alt tabbed and clicked close game with commander. Commander displayed some long string of errors and was forced to close. I had to alt ctrl del and end arma 2. Skype gave me a stack error and the roof of my house blew off ( not really but that'd be sick eh? ) I'm thinking memory issues but I've no clue. Any thoughts? This isn't a one off thing its happened a couple times before and now that I think about it was one of the reasons I stopped playing dayz a month ago.

Hd6950 newest drivers

4Gb ram

3.2 GHz phenom x4

650( might be 850 if relevent ill check) watt hcg pantec PSU

Win vista 32bit

If Skype gave you issues as well then it could be HDD related, It's very rare that RAM goes bad and why most manufacturers give a lifetime warranty.

It could also be the heat, depends where you are but the UK has been warm and PC's will overheat and doe what you mention.

I have noticed my temps getting into the 80s and 90s so i crank on my fan control up to 80-90% manually and i didnt have that running while I was playing Dayz... Maybe that IS the issue, lets hope! You said it could be HDD related? It doesn't do this when I'm WoWing or Rifting or playing Skyrim on ultra with the 3 high res texture packs. Thanks for the fast reply though. It just happened again. This time when I exited out of arma, my background was all sorts of janky, lots of yellows reds and blues. And, Catalyst Control Manager crashed (my driver for my hd6950) so my guess is heat or my card is bunking out when playing DayZ?

Here's a vidyuh I took with my phone.

Edited by Petrollium

Some games are more disk intensive than others, It could still be the disk or heat causing the issues.

Try to make a note of the times it happens over the next few days, early morning and late evening should be cooler than through the day.

If it is the HDD then time won't make any difference.

Good luck and i'll keep an eye on this post for any replies :)

* EDIT *

Your video is set to private :P nobody can see it

Edited by PK Richie
  • Like 1

Well, i thought I figured the issue out. But nope. Any halps would be appreciated. My card has been running hot but nothing too nutso. the hd6950s run hot to begin with and im right in the goldilocks zone. about 70-80 c.

No one has any idea? Honestly seems like an issue with my computer more than dayz. is there some kind of dump file I can look at and see whats going wrong when it happens? When I alt tab out and close aroma 2 manually. Day commander crashes, Skype crashes and so does catalyst control center. Temps are not an issue. Please help :(

I really feel like I'm talking to myself here. im at a complete loss. I've looked at temps, reinstalled old drivers, driversweepered, changed graphical settings etc. It only happens on days which leads me to believe its a software issue. Any feedback would be bean worthy!

I'm out of options but hopefully my bump will alert someone :)

I still think it's the HDD as we ruled out temp, ArmA puts a lot of strain on the disk and could be what crashes the system.

Thanks for reply. I ran lifeguard diagnostics last night and I passed with zero errors. I'm running fur mark right now to see if I can replicate it... I also just ccleaned my registry. It was pretty bad... over 75 errors.

Edited by Petrollium

Well still experiencing the issue. I emailed bi support and they seem to think its a software conflict... any way I can stress test my HDD and recreate the issue?

Well still experiencing the issue. I emailed bi support and they seem to think its a software conflict... any way I can stress test my HDD and recreate the issue?

Hirens boot CD will have all the tools you need to test your HDD, just be really really really careful when using it, it's very powerful and can do serious damage to hardware when used wrong.

Good luck :)