Sign in to follow this  
IIBloodXLustII

Sanity: Turning DayZ from a FFA shooter to a survival game.

OK' date=' so elaborate on this: "there's always ways to make most people happy if you really want to" - HOW?

I tried to find the way, but there is no way. It will not punish only bandits, but whole game and at the end all players...

[/quote']

What you're basically saying is the only way you'll be happy is if people stop shooting you and bandits are punished. There is no other scenario in which you will be happy with the game. Really? If you can't find enjoyment out of it at all unless under those conditions then you should play something else.

I'm not saying that to be a jerk or to belittle you or anything, I just think that in this context you are playing the wrong game. I'm having a blast and I wouldn't consider myself a bandit.

Is it reaction to what I wrote? I wrote that I accept current system, because it is quite possible that this would happen also in real world... If you don't have government, even small or some kind of "warlords" you cannot enforce any laws.

I believe there is not any way to make some kind of punishment engine for bandits or compensation engine for victims... Both will ruin current game.

Btw. I am not getting killed by bandits so much. Maybe it is because I am playing very carefully and mostly outside of most dangerous areas.

I cannot describe how much I dislike this' date=' it's a survival game where players choose how to survive, killing other players is just a way to stay alive and they shouldn't be penalised for it.

[/quote']

Oh look a bandit...no they shouldnt be PUNISHED per say true.

But your full of shit if you can sit there and type out how shooting fresh spawns or people with no weapon is "surviving"

I think pointless murder of new players should be punished somehow but that is about it.

The thing that will "balance" the human behavior in this game (i.e KILL KILL KILL) would be to give alternatives (preferably encouraging coop or the SAVING OF LIVES)

Last time i checked the majority of people in zombie media tried saving other people and forming groups....where the fuck did people get the mindset "shoot all humans".

I would love someone to counter this post with solid logic.

(no i don't think im above you im just saying my post makes sense)

You say FFA game, maybe that's what the game is ment to be, not the warped vision of a somehow survival game where everyone is magically friend with everyone else, but rocket's vision.

Maybe this guy's vision isn't to make a game mod that is fun for "the entire family"?

I´ve already posted this in an other "bandit" thread but didnt get any reaction. Perhaps this thread fits better:

I wanted to let you know my suggestions about the humanity system - but didnt want to open an new thread because there were plenty. So i chosed this one.

My suggestion is to add "social needs" that decreases like food or water - but very slowly.

To increase your "social needs" you have to interact with other player.

slow increase = have other players around (talk?)

faster = trade goog stuf (?)

fast = bandage woundet / give blood

decrease a amount of "sozial need" by killing humans or stealing

Waht happens when you have less and less "social needs"?

- tremble

- tunnel view

- psychosis (acoustik ore visual)

- as lower your "social needs" as higher the chance that you do a random shot with your weapon.

(nevous hijack behavior)

Player interaction will be necessary. So you wount shot a human if you see one, because you could need him. It increases your chance to survive.

Organized bandit gangs could move on - because they arrange good "social needs" stats.

The "psychotic-killer" could play on his way. He only gets the (realistic?) psycho behavior.

PVP is still possible but it is not reqiured to shot at every human bevor he shots at you - so much less player - player kills.

What do you think about it (rocket?)

I´ve already posted this in an other "bandit" thread but didnt get any reaction. Perhaps this thread fits better:

I wanted to let you know my suggestions about the humanity system - but didnt want to open an new thread because there were plenty. So i chosed this one.

My suggestion is to add "social needs" that decreases like food or water - but very slowly.

To increase your "social needs" you have to interact with other player.

slow increase = have other players around (talk?)

faster = trade goog stuf (?)

fast = bandage woundet / give blood

decrease a amount of "sozial need" by killing humans or stealing

Waht happens when you have less and less "social needs"?

- tremble

- tunnel view

- psychosis (acoustik ore visual)

- as lower your "social needs" as higher the chance that you do a random shot with your weapon.

(nevous hijack behavior)

Player interaction will be necessary. So you wount shot a human if you see one' date=' because you could need him. It increases your chance to survive.

Organized bandit gangs could move on - because they arrange good "social needs" stats.

The "psychotic-killer" could play on his way. He only gets the (realistic?) psycho behavior.

PVP is still possible but it is not reqiured to shot at every human bevor he shots at you - so much less player - player kills.

What do you think about it (rocket?)

[/quote']

Yeah, great idea. I'll just take my NVG, GPS and military grade weapons to Elektro so I don't become a nutjob.

i'm understanding of how f*cked up it is to be killed by someone you didn't even see or who you trusted, especially when it's multiple times in a row. God knows it happend to me allot.

But i'm kinda tired of seeing people who obviously had a bad day(Z) <-haha! ...rant on the forum about how there's 'only player killing', it's a 'sandbox deatmatch' or the likes.

I feel like they are dramatizing something they themself experienced. My experience with this game however is completly different. I consider myself a bandit, because most of you would call me that. On contrary with what you might think i have never killed for fun, i have never chased someone who got away, and I let people go if they can scare me off or they talk me out of it. I'm not a backstabber, i don't lie. If I want you dead i will make it very clear from the start! Also, most of the time i want your crap. I hoard, i'm a hoarder. Also i bleed allot.

Now i tell you this to make a point: i'm a bandit, i've killed people when i desperatly needed things or they treathend my survival, but from all the people i have met the last month or 2 i can only derrive one thing: There are not THAT MANY psycho-bandits. Most encounters go like this:

-*Hey a guy! [zoom-binoculars] Does he have a gun? [yes] Is he looking at me [Yes] DEFCON 1! He sees/hears i'm a bandit! If he aims kill him!

*Hey a guy! [zoom-binoculars] Does he have a gun? [yes] Is he looking at me?[No] Do i want his shit, does he look loaded? [No] Let him go, dissapear

[Yes] Fire at will!

*Hey a guy! [zoom-binoculars] Does he have a gun? [No] Does he have big backpack? [Yes/No] Kill/Ignore

Some go like this:

-Ah some guys hunting, they look pritty noob they wont hurt me. Got nothing i want. [Walk towards/past/away from them uncarefully] *Hesitating noob face, his gun turning with you* [Oh Shit] *BAM* Shot by a makarov or winchester, in the future i expect to be axed quite allot.

Conclusion acceptable: dick move on my part, they had reasons to want me dead, thnx to the bandit status and my gear. (sure, survivors do it for the status. (you high if you believe that))

And, a few go like this:

- OH SHIT A GUY RIGHT THERE [iAM VERY SUPRISED],did he spot me? [Yes/No] Kill/Kill unless there are more, if he sees you he will be scared and shoot you. If more guys are there - run - if spotted - run*shoot*run*shoot*toss grenade*run like Forest. (idealy into a forest)

- La,la, laa i'm walking down the street with my awesome gear. [bAA*zzzzzp*AANG] - Splat. You Are Dead. <<-This happens to bandits to.

Any of these circomstances could be heavely altered if target or me speaks of types. But that's about the gest of my experience.

Ofcours this is up for discussion, but it's what i feel in playing the game. I have maybe run into a stark raving mad psychopath that started shooting right away 2 -3 times, in a situation that i could blame him for that action mind you. I don't call that a pvp deathmatch guys.

Point is, this game is like nothing i've ever seen before, not only in game and concept, but also in the contact between dev's and players. This game can be SO friggin intense if you let it! Dive into it, except that you could die any minute and play like that.

I am not a military person or anything, but a long time gamer, and this game let's me play a game with my virtual skills and (almost) experience and feel it like it was real. The second time i played this game, i fell in love.(below i'll write why if you want to read). And i suggest you all do the same, and we try to find other ways to "make" or "let" us work together, instead of destroying half of what makes this game exiting in some way or the other.

Changing the loot you get from player, FF OFF-servers,balance systems, heartbeats, bandit-restricted zones, looks, tags, it's all the same boring routines. None of it works it just destroys what made the game special.

Just play hard ball guys and girls. For once there is a game that doesn't say "Look, here's an enemy, he is obviously not as strong as your super-duper-special-forces character but here's our latest, cutting edge weaponry anyhow. You do this mission, and then a long, harder one, and in the end everybody who worked on the game can have his name role across your screen."

No. This game says "Hey man, the world's fucked, zombies everywhere, better get off your ass an survive! What's that? you don't have shit? Yes, that would be called surviving. What's that? you want to be alone with the zombies and big f*cking gun? Well, you're not allone.And here's a Makarov if you r lucky. There's dozens of peeps out here.What? they will kill you? Depends oh the stupid shit you do bro... just eat, sneak, crawl, scope, chat and kill your way trough life. Do what you gotta do."

Nobody ever told you this game was easy. But god you gotta love it.

Z.

The story of why i think DayZ is ammazingly immersive if you let it:

I was freezing from the rain, and it was getting dark near Cherno, i had get inside somewhere or become sick. Found a village, crawled true in the dark, the rain, a storm going on above me and zombies moaning. Desperatly i crawled around, only 3 bullets. Found a shack, got inside, closed the door. And watched zombies passing by the window of the shack as the storm raged. After about 5 full minutes of sitting there i suddenly realised, i mean like waking up, that i was not actually there, i could move about freely in my desk chair and wait for my character's body to warm up and then move along. I was like really releaved man , almost like when you wake up from a bad dream, i had been totally into the being scared and sneaking for the entire village, i had sweat running down my back. That doesn't happen to me allot :D

This game rules, Rocket, you rule, let no man change you!