Sign in to follow this  
Rage VG

My top 3 wishlist for the DayZ Standalone development and release.

Not a "what I want in the game" thread, there's enough of those. Just what I wish for not just rocket and the team, but for server hosters, admins, and the community in general to consider during, and after, development.

3. Let us have freedom of choice.

This was something I touched on with Rocket during the Cross-hair removal thread. If there is nothing excessively negative to having something within the game, but still feel the authentic experience would be better without it, then give us the option to turn it on or off. If, for example, you think the game is better with no HUD, then go ahead and remove it as default. Then allow whoever wants it on to turn it on as a setting. The people who agree with your change will turn it off and be happy, and whoever dislike the change can enable it. Anybody who feels they can dictate how other people should play then they are entitled gits who do not deserve the time of day. Which is where the community ties in.

Don't berate people for not playing your style, whether it be KoS or Medic, 9001+ vehicles and custom loadouts or super mega hardcore with no starting gear, Allow people to pick what they like, as they are allowing you. That is the beauty of the game, and if you try to dictate other people, you ruin that beauty.

With relation to crosshair removal, a valid point was brought across for its complete removal and that's fine. In that situation it's entirely valid to remove the feature.

2. Do not allow a second CBL.

This should be obvious. The CBL was a good idea that went horribly. As a result, there are innocent people who cannot play on servers due to salty admins without them even knowing, and nothing can be done about it.

Devs, do not allow such a thing to exist unofficially. If you do, be prepared to clean it up if it fails.

Server owners, do not rely on a dodgy system, you have word of mouth. That's what the cheat report forum is for.

1. Optimisation.

This one is pretty much only aimed at the Dev team.

For the love of god, please make sure I don't have to drop an additional grand on a supercomputer solely to play DayZ. I know my laptop is far from a beasty machine but it still cost me helluvalot and it sucks that I don't get to enjoy the game with the community I love so much.

As for server admins, on a lesser scale, stop making me listen to your damn music every time I try to load up your server. Not only does it probably suck for me to listen to at full volume with no way of muting or lowering it, but given the aforementioned lag problem, it jumps nonstop, making it worse.

I'm fairly sure that we can all agree on these. If not, you are clearly a Nazi. Clearly.

Edited by Rage VG
  • Like 8

I like all [of] the rest :beans:

Why thank you. :]

• Like 1

I was raised in Wales! Should be NO ENGLISH! >:c

Alas, life is cruel.

Edited by Rage VG

ah waz raised in Skotland meh laddie whwere oor accents are deep and scery matey boi!

• Like 1

seven Hundrid und fefty posts am so prowed!

My top 3:

1. release today

2. release today

3. release today

My top 3:

1. release today

2. release today

3. release today

There was an example of what it would be like if that happened.

It's called WarZ.

• Like 4

Not a "what I want in the game" thread, there's enough of those. Just what I wish for not just rocket and the team, but for server hosters, admins, and the community in general to consider during, and after, development.

3. Let us have freedom of choice.

This was something I touched on with Rocket during the Cross-hair removal thread. If there is nothing excessively negative to having something within the game, but still feel the authentic experience would be better without it, then give us the option to turn it on or off. If, for example, you think the game is better with no HUD, then go ahead and remove it as default. Then allow whoever wants it on to turn it on as a setting. The people who agree with your change will turn it off and be happy, and whoever dislike the change can enable it. Anybody who feels they can dictate how other people should play then they are entitled gits who do not deserve the time of day. Which is where the community ties in.

Don't berate people for not playing your style, whether it be KoS or Medic, 9001+ vehicles and custom loadouts or super mega hardcore with no starting gear, Allow people to pick what they like, as they are allowing you. That is the beauty of the game, and if you try to dictate other people, you ruin that beauty.

With relation to crosshair removal, a valid point was brought across for its complete removal and that's fine. In that situation it's entirely valid to remove the feature.

I want to start a slow clap for this one. Half of the posts on this forum are from people who think their style is the best while all others are cheap noobs who should go back to CoD, My Little Pony, or Mount and Blade (I am pretty sure no one has ever said the last one, just had to get in a Mount and Blade reference).

Variety is the spice of life, there are servers out there that cater to all the DayZ tastes and I will never understand why so many players think other people having fun is a crime. It is clearly because they are Nazi sympathizers.

• Like 2

Saw the leaked classified footage. I'll comment based on that without giving anything away honest:

1. If zombies are still attacking through walls and walking under houses, then that'll be really bad. EVEN though it's an alpha you will be eviscerated by the yapping hoard (players and media).

2. Get the zombie animations and pathing working better, even badly - show us work has been done on it. EVEN though it's an alpha you will be eviscerated by the yapping hoard (players and media).

3. Good luck - sure it'll all turn out good! EVEN though it's an alpha you will be eviscerated by the yapping hoard (players and media).

I want to start a slow clap for this one. Half of the posts on this forum are from people who think their style is the best while all others are cheap noobs who should go back to CoD, My Little Pony, or Mount and Blade (I am pretty sure no one has ever said the last one, just had to get in a Mount and Blade reference).

Variety is the spice of life, there are servers out there that cater to all the DayZ tastes and I will never understand why so many players think other people having fun is a crime. It is clearly because they are Nazi sympathizers.

Not just Nazi sympathizers, but just plain Nazis.

Not to be ignorant but what is CBL?

I feel like I know but cant put my finger on it

1. If zombies are still attacking through walls and walking under houses, then that'll be really bad. EVEN though it's an alpha you will be eviscerated by the yapping hoard (players and media).

2. Get the zombie animations and pathing working better, even badly - show us work has been done on it. EVEN though it's an alpha you will be eviscerated by the yapping hoard (players and media).

fixed already

Community Ban List

Community ban list.

Or Continuous Bjork loop. Not sure which.

Edit: Ninja please

Edited by Zombie Jesus

Depending on how effective anti-cheats will actually be, CBL may not even arise. Personally, if the cheater/hacker situation will be anything near the mod, I'll play private servers if the option will exist.

"Golfclap.gif"

Also, +87 on optimization, i just got a new CPU and only now am i getting decent frames. And i had equipment on par with 75% of the other players. Seeing systems that can run BF3 at 30 FPS choke on dayz is a little...ridiculous.

Edited by BioHazard050

"Golfclap.gif"

Also, +87 on optimization, i just got a new CPU and only now am i getting decent frames. And i had equipment on par with 75% of the other players. Seeing systems that can run BF3 at 30 FPS choke on dayz is a little...ridiculous.

This, I just got my new rig an I will not have to worry about fps, but there is a lot of people that are stuck on 5years old pc or on a laptop, and they should be able to play if their pc/laptops meet arma2oa requirements

Edited by Henryllex~

80 fps on Battlefield 3 max settings but just barely getting 60 fps on DayZ. Something is not right there although i heard from a thing rocket did that when they went through and re-looked at a lot of Arma 2 coding a lot of it was broken. If i remember right.