Sign in to follow this  
S1ippery Jim

Changes in player behaviour due to no weapon at spawn

Why would you respawn and try to get closer to Electro/cherno, when you can respawn and start running to the north?

E: I can get 10 times better items just walking from Kamenka to Zelenogorsk, than you all can get from Electro and chernogorsk combined.

You're right that it adds a new phase, but it's a very frustrating phase and happens every time after you die. If you aren't particularly good at the game, you could die quite often. That means you're stuck in no gun, no fun hell for the majority of your gaming experience.

You're right that it adds a new phase' date=' but it's a very frustrating phase and happens every time after you die. If you aren't particularly good at the game, you could die quite often. That means you're stuck in no gun, no fun hell for the majority of your gaming experience.

[/quote']

Give it some more time. I felt hopeless for a bit until I finally started upping my survival rate and it was a rewarding feeling.

1.7.1.4 seems to have nerfed stealth a bit too far though, but I expect that will change back.

It's certainly made the gap greater between geared and ungeared players.

I'm still struggling with the random zombie behaviour to survive long enough to locate weapons and supplies.

Since the change was introduced where new characters spawn with no weapon' date=' I have noticed the following changes in player behaviour:

1. More player are suiciding to spawn closer to Cherno/Elektro. For instance, if you spawn at Kamenka and run to Cherno I guarantee you will come across between 5-8 players who have suicided to get a city spawn.

2. KoS is still happening, only now players attempt to kill you with wacky weapons like the hatchet or the crossbow if they have not found anything better.

3. Even more player concentration around Cherno/Elektro because players with nothing are not going to head into the wilderness when they need food, drink and morphine etc, and know these can be found quickly in the cities.

4. Nearly all new players I see are running along the coast with a train of several zombies following them. This is quite simply hilarious but I can't help feeling sorry for them (and often put them out of their misery) as they have little to no chance or ability to lose the train or to stop and find a weapon before they hit the city, where they will inevitably get killed due to lack of stealth.

Has anyone else changed the way they play or noticed changes in other players behaviour since spawning with no gun was introduced???

[/quote']

1. Players have always suicided that much

2. who cares

3. I have spent 6 hours today in cherno and elektro and I barely saw a soul.

4. meh

I myself have seen more players who are friendly then hostile since the update, but well I have encountered hostiles also (My first survivor encounter was with a person with an axe, and I took it to the back). But strangely, people are much nicer then before.

I myself have been somewhat friendly (Except if I am in Balota, I tend to shoot most people there if they seem hostile at all or if you sneak up on me and my friends) and tend to avoid shooting people unless needed.

Can't really blame people who shoot unarmed people on sight.

There was a noob running around in the elektro offices, and there were another 4-5 guys there who just let him walk around. He then went to the store and found a shotgun and went back to the office and killed all of them.

I felt pretty bad after that but they had nice loots (full alice packs and silenced mp5)

Since the change was introduced where new characters spawn with no weapon' date=' I have noticed the following changes in player behaviour:

1. More player are suiciding to spawn closer to Cherno/Elektro. For instance, if you spawn at Kamenka and run to Cherno I guarantee you will come across between 5-8 players who have suicided to get a city spawn.

2. KoS is still happening, only now players attempt to kill you with wacky weapons like the hatchet or the crossbow if they have not found anything better.

3. Even more player concentration around Cherno/Elektro because players with nothing are not going to head into the wilderness when they need food, drink and morphine etc, and know these can be found quickly in the cities.

4. Nearly all new players I see are running along the coast with a train of several zombies following them. This is quite simply hilarious but I can't help feeling sorry for them (and often put them out of their misery) as they have little to no chance or ability to lose the train or to stop and find a weapon before they hit the city, where they will inevitably get killed due to lack of stealth.

Has anyone else changed the way they play or noticed changes in other players behaviour since spawning with no gun was introduced???

[/quote']

1. no change from pre starting gear change

2. again no change

3. same as above two

4. this is actually due to the new and improved zombies and has nothing to do with not starting with a weapon.

[/quote']

2. again no change

3. same as above two

4. this is actually due to the new and improved zombies and has nothing to do with not starting with a weapon.

Really? So people were trying to kill you with a hatchet prior to the change? Not possible, dear sir.

Also you must be blind if you think that before the change there were so many players running from trains of Zombies from spawn.

The other points are observational. I strongly believe them true based on personal experience of before and after but have no hard evidence.

[/quote']

2. again no change

3. same as above two

Really? So people were trying to kill you with a hatchet prior to the change? Not possible, dear sir.

Also you must be blind if you think that before the change there were so many players running from trains of Zombies from spawn.

The other points are observational. I strongly believe them true based on personal experience of before and after but have no hard evidence.

People were trying to kill me before the change. What weapon they were wielding is irrelevant. Ive also never had someone chase me with a hatchet. Would be a real fun experience.

I don't understand your second sentence. Before the change people weren't running with a train of zombies trailing them because zombies weren't that much of a threat. With the new and much improved zombies you cant just crouch run past them. You need to utilize the environment, los, and player stance to get past them. That you are seeing an increase in the number of zombie trains is due to the fact that people have no patience and aren't learning to adapt. This has nothing to do with spawning without a weapon.