Sign in to follow this  
S1ippery Jim

Changes in player behaviour due to no weapon at spawn

Since the change was introduced where new characters spawn with no weapon, I have noticed the following changes in player behaviour:

1. More player are suiciding to spawn closer to Cherno/Elektro. For instance, if you spawn at Kamenka and run to Cherno I guarantee you will come across between 5-8 players who have suicided to get a city spawn.

2. KoS is still happening, only now players attempt to kill you with wacky weapons like the hatchet or the crossbow if they have not found anything better.

3. Even more player concentration around Cherno/Elektro because players with nothing are not going to head into the wilderness when they need food, drink and morphine etc, and know these can be found quickly in the cities.

4. Nearly all new players I see are running along the coast with a train of several zombies following them. This is quite simply hilarious but I can't help feeling sorry for them (and often put them out of their misery) as they have little to no chance or ability to lose the train or to stop and find a weapon before they hit the city, where they will inevitably get killed due to lack of stealth.

Has anyone else changed the way they play or noticed changes in other players behaviour since spawning with no gun was introduced???

Running is really your best bet as a new spawn. The zombies can't hit you, and you get to loot faster. You lose them in a building, take whatever is in there, and you're golden. The only issue is the very predictable one of people mowing down weaponless survivors.

I avoid players, so I haven't really seen much difference. When I spawned with no gun, some two well-armed guys decided to take a ton of shots at me and eventually kill me even though I had nothing... guess that says something about "banditry"

In regards to #4: I usually run along the coast with or without a weapon and just lead the trail of zombies until I get to where I need to be and shake them or if until someone decides to take on my problem (sorry sp4nner), I think we would appreciate it if you didn't "put us out of our misery." :P We would appreciate it if you picked some zombos off though :D.

I've actually seen completely different changes.

I've found that people are MUCH more likely to work together because when they don't have the fear of being shot (two noobs with no guns) they actually get on direct chat and talk to one another, form friendships and alliances.

It's really cool.

I've changed my game style for sure, since the update I went to not firing off my gun once to almost 300 zombies killed. I've given up on crawling everywhere and will usually just crouch walk and hope for the best. The best is usually only pulling 10 zombies into a building and putting them down. I love it.

I've found that people are MUCH more likely to work together because when they don't have the fear of being shot (two noobs with no guns) they actually get on direct chat and talk to one another' date=' form friendships and alliances.

It's really cool.

[/quote']

Of course people with no guns are going to be peaceful, there is no alternative, but try that hippy sh*t in Cherno and you will get put down, hard.

Yup, playing last night was the first time I've had a completely random guy help me out.

I found saying "I'm friendly and unarmed!" worked well. He peeled some zombies off me and even indicated where I could find myself a weapon nearby.

This patch has allowed me to spawn kill easier at a closer distance than before. It's great!

Also, i feel more inclined to hang around cities with my uber-loot and and just rape the shit out of unarmed, makarov hunting, noobs.

ahhh... this game has its perks.

feels good man.

I've found that people are MUCH more likely to work together because when they don't have the fear of being shot (two noobs with no guns) they actually get on direct chat and talk to one another' date=' form friendships and alliances.

It's really cool.

[/quote']

Of course people with no guns are going to be peaceful, there is no alternative, but try that hippy sh*t in Cherno and you will get put down, hard.

When players meet other armed players in the city it's the same.

But I've found that when I'm newly spawned and I run across another newly spawned player, we end up talking because we can't shoot eachother and it's like why not talk? Sure we often end up murdering as soon as someone finds a weapon but... many times we get along well enough that keep playing, both armed, almost like we were on Skype where we now treat every other player as enemy instead. It's just fun to hangout without people and makes for a more interesting game. And that forced hangout time works as a good icebreaker.

Part of it might be just be my getting bored with Shoot on Sight, even if it means dying more often. Gameplay is more interesting when interacting with people.

This patch has allowed me to spawn kill easier at a closer distance than before. It's great!

Also' date=' i feel more inclined to hang around cities with my uber-loot and and just rape the shit out of unarmed, makarov hunting, noobs.

feels good man.

[/quote']

seriously...i don't understand people like you there is literally no reason to kill fresh players anymore....killing just to kill in this game ESPECIALLY at spawn and have it "feel good". Ya i think you must either have a tiny penis or be ugly/ alone OR if you have a great social life and beautiful than your most likely a big ass douche...either way... really?

Removing new players items actually made the problem worse rather than making it better. Now instead of having a chance but being a target, you're just a target.

Not to mention the completely zero chance of surviving zombies unless you manage to evade every last one through buildings / behind rocks and trees (which doesn't happen as much because of the new SUPERHERO HEARING ZOMBIES!!)

seriously...i don't understand people like you there is literally no reason to kill fresh players anymore....killing just to kill in this game ESPECIALLY at spawn and have it "feel good". Ya i think you must either have a tiny penis or be ugly/ alone OR if you have a great social life and beautiful than your most likely a big ass douche...either way... really?

He's just baiting people for responses.. Which you just gave him.

Killing fresh players aint so bad, you're only wasting maybe 5 mins of their time, as well as teaching them a valuable lesson, perhaps even giving them a chance of their next spawn being more favourable, and sans zombie train.

killing well equipped players who have been surviving for weeks and have killed hundreds of zombies and or dozens of bandits or players means you are flushing their days and weeks of hard work down the gurgler. But kudos to you because they no doubt had some heavy weaponry and equipment.

But that's the game. Everyone dies, its just a matter of when and how. Nothing is right and wrong, within the boundaries of the game (Hacking and exploiting is another story)...

I've never had an issue spawning in and dying.

I won't head into the cities, instead i head north straight away and check out barns and smaller towns with supermarkets.

North is where everything decent is.. I've never understood why people hang around the coast.

However, Something incredibly fun that I and the lads I run with have started doing is heading back to the coast and hunting the spawn killers.

It's satisfying to have 4 guys creep up behind a sniper, pose for photos without him knowing then direct chat to him he's about to die before pulling the trigger.

What we don't do is kill new spawners or anyone carrying a makarov or winnie (unless they open fire on us)

I noticed during 1.7.1.1 patch that people were relatively friendly.

It's pretty hard to kill someone you meet with a flashlight. And once you have been together for a while swapping stories and sneaking around together you probably won't turn around and shoot your new mate.

But that didn't keep me from watching as zombies chase him (it was pretty hilarious, but I didn't have a pistol and we were at the Elektro Firestation. Not like I'm gonna shoot my DMR out there.)

At least now I know not to venture back near the cities, I don't want to lose my Makarov and my Enfield. XD

Also' date=' i feel more inclined to hang around cities with my uber-loot and and just rape the shit out of unarmed, makarov hunting, noobs.

feels good man.

[/quote']

90% of noob killing is done for shits and giggles, even before when newbs had beans and water. You seriously think the guy that headed down with a DMR/Silenced M4A1/etc. is really killing newbs for beans and water? People who think like this are idiots. People grief to grief, just like they would in real life.

I actually got shot/killed by a player for the first time. lol

And I have been playing for over 2 weeks.

I had my hatchet and stalking a goat near one of the cities.....crawled up ...saw a Zed in the distance......quietly used the hatchet in the goat,...was about to get some meat (even though had no matches) ...then ...Bam! Bam! I was shot - couldn't escape lol

I'm more upset he stole my goat then the player killing me,....lol......goat meat =)

I just started the new 1.7.1.4 so don't know if it changed anything but I know it will help some group but also there will be always those who kill for sport no mater what you start with. So spawning with what we do now is fine. If anything it's can only help.

But that's the game. Everyone dies' date=' its just a matter of when and how. Nothing is right and wrong, within the boundaries of the game (Hacking and exploiting is another story)...

[/quote']

Oh, don't get me wrong, I don't care if someone wants to spend their time killing freshly spawned players, but the way the original post was worded sounded very much like bait. ;)

Personally I love killing players up North more. Destroying days of work of someone rocks.

Like the guy who was probably making a stary run for some SD mags and i DMR HIM take his AS50 and his M4SD rangefinder NVG and he loses his ghilli LULZ

Killing fresh players aint so bad' date=' you're only wasting maybe 5 mins of their time, as well as teaching them a valuable lesson, perhaps even giving them a chance of their next spawn being more favourable, and sans zombie train.

killing well equipped players who have been surviving for weeks and have killed hundreds of zombies and or dozens of bandits or players means you are flushing their days and weeks of hard work down the gurgler. But kudos to you because they no doubt had some heavy weaponry and equipment.

But that's the game. Everyone dies, its just a matter of when and how. Nothing is right and wrong, within the boundaries of the game (Hacking and exploiting is another story)...

[/quote']

Your talking like having a zombie train on you is a instant death sentence. I can actually lose a horde of zombies unless I have a broken leg. Really the only reason to spawn is either because you are simply bored, really need a bandage, or just want to be a douchebag. Someone can easily teach that player a lesson by tell them in chat that they can easily get shot on the beach.

Not saying its right or wrong, but usually spawn killing while you have a lot of gear is simply just being an ass for the hell of it. Now if you try and take out heavily armed players without simply disconnecting when your in trouble then it is more respectable. If you are killing players when you actually need something then that is more understandable. I'm not saying you shouldn't kill players, but spawn killing is simply retarded.

4. Nearly all new players I see are running along the coast with a train of several zombies following them. This is quite simply hilarious but I can't help feeling sorry for them (and often put them out of their misery) as they have little to no chance or ability to lose the train or to stop and find a weapon before they hit the city' date=' where they will inevitably get killed due to lack of stealth.

[/quote']

Try doing this on purpose and you discover just how easy it is to loose 20 zeds after you. You can run rings around them, run through the pack, even run up and tap em on the shoulder. With just 2 Z's you can actually make it look like ur chasing them. It is hilarious and when u want to lose them, find a few buildings.

What's more hilarious is the players that see u coming and head for the hills lol ;)

4. Nearly all new players I see are running along the coast with a train of several zombies following them. This is quite simply hilarious but I can't help feeling sorry for them (and often put them out of their misery) as they have little to no chance or ability to lose the train or to stop and find a weapon before they hit the city' date=' where they will inevitably get killed due to lack of stealth.

[/quote']

Try doing this on purpose and you discover just how easy it is to loose 20 zeds after you. You can run rings around them, run through the pack, even run up and tap em on the shoulder. With just 2 Z's you can actually make it look like ur chasing them. It is hilarious and when u want to lose them, find a few buildings.

What's more hilarious is the players that see u coming and head for the hills lol ;)

Yeah I also find it funny to watch two players with trains running towards each other. It's almost worth a bet on which ends up with the most zombies when they cross trains...

For those saying it is easy to lose a train, I would say that yes, for an experienced player it is relatively easy, particularly if you can find a building, however most experienced players would not get a train in the first place. However I would say for anyone completely new to the game, getting a zombie horde chasing you with only a torch is an almost guaranteed death sentance right off the bat.

I did not find losing zombies easy at all, of course today was my first day of the game. After finding I had no gun (youtube lied to me) I manged several lives where I would scavenge and axe and lead them up a ladder. I found a rifle and bled to death while running from 15 or more. I found it very tough. I opened an online map and checked my position, I scouted the closest town but was killed.

I understand losing them through buildings. I do, but if I have even one zombie on me I have to run for five minutes before finding a barn to hide in. I did not like it. I did have some fun and did kill one of a two part team shooting at me from afar (the time I found the rifle). The biggest problem with this, for me, is zombie super hearing. If I can't start with a gun at least make my crouched aimwalk quiet, and make gunshots heard around the world. That would make it easier searching for a gun and if every zombie in 400 meters was called down on on the bandits that would at least distract them.

I was super skeptical of the change. Thought I'd just get gunned down by people spawn camping starting areas. And yup -- that does happen. But I have changed my mind. It doesn't change player behavior late game but it adds a new phase to the early game.

When new spawns met on the beach or fresh in town it usually meant makarov deathmatch time. Shoot on sight!

Now when I meet another naked new spawn we end up talking. Maybe we kill eachother later maybe we don't, but the player interaction is making things a lot more interesting.

I'm also really enjoying dying from zombies again. Being stuck in a building with no way out and just a hatchet. Awesome.

Personally I love killing players up North more. Destroying days of work of someone rocks.

Like the guy who was probably making a stary run for some SD mags and i DMR HIM take his AS50 and his M4SD rangefinder NVG and he loses his ghilli LULZ

Mum says be careful with your rainbow dash lulz shampoo,members wast time when you put too much on and got your wittle eyes all so sore ? Well mum says that this time you are big enough to not have to have her wash your hair anymore, so be careful ok Pinniwinny ?

Love Dad.