westav26

Never playing this game again.

Fed up of hackers cheaters. Just F**KING died on a server because of a hack lost all my S**T, M29 SAW,NVG's everything. and the fact you start with no food WTF? and no food spawning? sort it out guys.:@:@:@

It probably wasn't a hack. The latest update wiped the inventories of a lot of folks. If you found yourself with just a few items, a makarov, and 3 clips, your inventory was wiped, not hacked.

And yes, food spawning is fixed but has been nerfed so you won't see as much.

However, judging by your attitude it is probably best you leave this free alpha mod alone and wait until the gold version is for sale in a year or two.

I don't really understand complaining/quitting over losing gear.

It's an alpha, you could have the best available gear in the entire game but you were NEVER keeping it.

Even in beta, you will NEVER keep that gear.

Just relax about it, start again or take a break.

There isn't a single game that will let you keep stuff acquired in alpha, so there's no point holding any kind of attachment whatsoever to your stuff.

It blows my mind that you guys are being this cold hearted to the guy...

Granted that there is no prove of him actually being killed by hackers it does seem to become a problem at a rapid pace. Now in a game where you can spend hours in getting everything you need, only to be killed by some douchebag that can pretty much kill the entire server when he feels like it cant be a good thing.

Saying that this is a alpha wont solve it either because battling cheaters will be a ongoing thing and the moment that stops this mod/game will go to the shitters. The real problem is even if you can catch 90% or 95% of these assholes there is still that small percentage that goes undetected and someone will lose his stuff in such a way he could not have prevented it. And for these people there is no other way then to start all over again.

So yeah i think its safe to say alot of people wont be asses if they lose everything because they were careless or got shot by another player but losing everything to someone who is cheating the system.... Yeah i can imagine plenty of people being pissed off about that...

As for the food, yeah that was a bug and has been corrected.

Greetz Solid

I was on the same server we all died at the same time. Like 50+ people instantly died. So I'm assuming it was a hack. I don't know who did it or how to find out who did it though, so hopefully someone on the server knew how.

The hacking problem will mostly solve itself. Right now a lot of people hack because it's seemingly easy to do with some scripts. What those people forget is that these servers have battleeye running which is very good at detecting these hacks, resulting in numerous people being banned daily (and not just from DayZ, I mean from ALL arma 2 servers that run BE.

Once people start realising that their game becomes worthless they won't risk it anymore.

I'm sorry to hear that you lost your gear and that it's causing you to stop with this mod but please keep in mind that DayZ is being developed for free by a very small team. That team isn't some almighty coding squad (though admired as god-like by many). They are normal humans that make mistakes in their code.

P.S. I'm so proud of myself: I didn't use any sarcasm.

The hacking problem will mostly solve itself. Right now a lot of people hack because it's seemingly easy to do with some scripts. What those people forget is that these servers have battleeye running which is very good at detecting these hacks' date=' resulting in numerous people being banned daily (and not just from DayZ, I mean from ALL arma 2 servers that run BE.

Once people start realising that their game becomes worthless they won't risk it anymore.

I'm sorry to hear that you lost your gear and that it's causing you to stop with this mod but please keep in mind that DayZ is being developed for free by a very small team. That team isn't some almighty coding squad (though admired as god-like by many). They are normal humans that make mistakes in their code.

P.S. I'm so proud of myself: I didn't use any sarcasm.

[/quote']

Uhm, do i dare to ask how long have you been playing online games..... Anti cheats have been around for awhile now and all the major games have it but still plenty of cheaters on them and they keep coming. Although anti cheats evolve so do the hacks cheaters are using.

And the more popular a game gets the more of them start showing up. Now in most typical games you can either respawn and just deal with the cheater until a admin comes along or the guy gets bored and leaves but on dayz he can pretty much ruine your day by just killing you once.

Saying that cheaters will go away because of the risk they might face is, i am sorry to say wishful thinking because they won't. And although i cant think of any other way to make this problem go away sweet talking it aint going to help either since the problem will remain and it will be a constant struggle for rocket and the other devs and the admins.

Greetz Solid

Solid: I can't speak for most other online games as I don't play on public servers that often but in Arma have never encountered a hacker that eventually got away with it.

You also have to keep in mind that most 'hackers' are just people that found some post on 4chan that describes how to spawn weapons in game. They don't have any actual knowledge of how it works and have never heard of BattlEye before.

Another thing is that Battleye is specifically updating it's program to target cheats used in DayZ (see the recent surge of raging about global bans).

Of course there will always be the very few that do know what they are doing but that still doesn't mean they won't get caught.

Fed up of hackers cheaters. Just F**KING died on a server because of a hack lost all my S**T' date=' M29 SAW,NVG's everything. and the fact you start with no food WTF? and no food spawning? sort it out guys.:@:@:@

[/quote']

You are not going to play the game again or the mod?

Solid: I can't speak for most other online games as I don't play on public servers that often but in Arma have never encountered a hacker that eventually got away with it.

You also have to keep in mind that most 'hackers' are just people that found some post on 4chan that describes how to spawn weapons in game. They don't have any actual knowledge of how it works and have never heard of BattlEye before.

Another thing is that Battleye is specifically updating it's program to target cheats used in DayZ (see the recent surge of raging about global bans).

Of course there will always be the very few that do know what they are doing but that still doesn't mean they won't get caught.

Just going to pull out a example, valve that most gamers will know from Halflife but also counter strike has their own little anti cheat called VAC.

Which in first case was created solely for protecting valve games. What it does is just watch for a longer period and then bans every jackass that used a cheat in the past month or so. However after this all the hacks get updated and VAC has to get updated but you would think that with so many cheaters banned you would be rid of them.... Wrong, they just buy a new copy of the game and they are back in for a month until the next ban cycle... I know you would think people would get sick of it quite quickly but some people really push on.

Now the flaw here is that you basically are saying well you can cheat for a month and after that we kick you off... Oke in a game like counter strike that might be fine because if you die its annoying and alot of servers have admins on them that will simply clean house. But like i said on dayz on the other hand you can see hours of works go down the drain. So even if a admin comes along bans the guy your still left with the frustration of starting over again having lost it all against someone who cheats...

However instant banning by battle eye wont work either since the moment its gets out a cheat is detected they will all stop using it and wait for it to be updated again and so on.

Its been a issue for years now and it does not look like there will be ever a good solid solution for it. The bottemline is that quite a few of these cheaters are so dedicated to what they do they wont be stopped by just getting banned and will simply get a new copy of the game.

Greetz Solid

Fed up of hackers cheaters. Just F**KING died on a server because of a hack lost all my S**T' date=' M29 SAW,NVG's everything. and the fact you start with no food WTF? and no food spawning? sort it out guys.:@:@:@

[/quote']

Don't play again then, its not about hackers, its a little bug, it will get fixed soon, obviously you are going to lose your cars, your items, your scores, and everything, because this is full of bugs > that's what alpha means.

Devs have to dev a lot (lol). Give them time, they are REALLY fast, so be patient, we all can help them localizing bugs and telling it, so we get to beta sooner

It's an alpha.

I dont want to asshole-talk you by saying this. Just want to point out that every detected bug, cheat and abuse will be likely to improve the final game.

So from customer point-of-view its a win in the long term. Even if there is a lot of keen bastards out there, that thrive upon the grief and tears.. constructive conclusions may be drawn from the effort. ..and its much more efficient than inhouse testing.

From Bohemia point of view it is at least not a loss if people get banned after having purchased.

Wow i really cant believe what i am seeing.....

What if he really was killed by someone who hacked and came here because of the frustration.... Most of you are just saying well though luck cheaters are part of the game....

Hacks and cheats have absolutely nothing to do with bugs (exploits do however) or this being a alpha.

And thinking that cheating will be resolved in the final product then your just being naive, just point me one game that has completely rid itself of cheaters.

So yeah in a sense cheaters will always be around but your bashing the guy with stuff like "o yes give me your tears"... Uhm as a community that i hope hates all cheaters in general would it not make more sense to go about this differently because he seems to be mad at something that was beyond his control and i think any of us would be frustrated about it. The whole food/can thing probably was part of that frustration.

Greetz Solid

In all fairness. First reply pretty much pointed to the right direction.

But what is a community supposed to do here?

No dont go? We love you?

It's his decision. He feels entitled to open up a new thread and didn't even bother searching for the right places.

It's a mod that is designed to generate frustration. Some people just can't handle it.

Wow i really cant believe what i am seeing.....

What if he really was killed by someone who hacked and came here because of the frustration.... Most of you are just saying well though luck cheaters are part of the game....

Hacks and cheats have absolutely nothing to do with bugs (exploits do however) or this being a alpha.

And thinking that cheating will be resolved in the final product then your just being naive' date=' just point me one game that has completely rid itself of cheaters.

So yeah in a sense cheaters will always be around but your bashing the guy with stuff like "o yes give me your tears"... Uhm as a community that i hope hates all cheaters in general would it not make more sense to go about this differently because he seems to be mad at something that was beyond his control and i think any of us would be frustrated about it. The whole food/can thing probably was part of that frustration.

Greetz Solid

[/quote']

1 game that there are no hacks for.. Firefall...

red5 is actually offering 500$ cash for someone to devolpe hacks to get through their new anti cheat, RedHanded and no one has stepped up to the plate. in time im sure there will be hacks but i have faith that that team is going to handle it quite well.

I haven't played the game yet so this might already be in it, but i suggest when you start this MOD you get a a big flashing text that says ALPHA STAGE and a quick explanation of what this means.