Sign in to follow this  
chris_heyward

Wrong signature for file ...addons\dayz_sfx.pbo

I have set up my own DayZ server for friends to play on. There was 6 of us online earlier and we had no problems. One guy is getting issues though. He keeps getting kicked and my server window says this error:

Wrong signature for file C:\Program Files (x86)\Arma2\Arma II Combined Operations\@Dayz\addons\dayz_sfx.pbo

I told him to update DayZ and this never worked. He used DayZ commander and that made things worse. It moved all his rMod 2 files into the main ARMA Addons folder which then threw more errors. We figured that bit out and I got him to manually remove the rMod 2 pbo's and BISIGN's. He was playing DayZ fine last night and hasn't done a thing but update the Beta Patch through DayZ Commander.

We have tried everything possible we can think of. Anyone else have a fix to this?

Delete all your DayZ mod files and redownload.

Done that. Multiple times

Huh. Alright.

So tell him to download and install rMod manually and stop using DayZ Commander. Make sure there aren't any mods DZC put in his addons folder.

Fixed. He was re-installing DayZ through Dayz Commander not manually. After a manual re-install. all is working. TY Applejaxc

Team Viewer him and see if the dayz_sfx.pbo in his folder is the same size as yours there has been errors with this in the past. If his is a different size then copy and replace your dayz_sfx.pbo with his current one then relaunch. If its happening to quite a few players on your server then its an issue you will need to fix server side as the above ^ is strictly for client side.

Edited by Steak and Potatoes

This error and variant thereof, is the most persistent and repeating random error that is just designed to drive any sane person bonkers. Yes, I've re-verified each and every Arma program on Steam. Yes, I've then loaded, Arma 2, then Arma OA - then give a server a try. Perhaps 1 time in 10, I can stay on to play. 9 times out of 10, I get kicked, and usually don't see what it is for, but its because of some signature file when friends tell me what was said. This problem is also all over the web, and it is so pervasive that its almost worthy of having a special app put together just to fix pbos or sig files or whatever it is that makes Battleye spin out and kick people. DayZ is massively glitch, and its part of the game. But this thing, of Battleye kicks some trivial reason has been a thorn in the side of a whole number of players forever. EDIT I FIXED IT. After suffering a lot and for a long time, and doing EVERYTHING everyone said, including reinstalling, verifying game caches, reinstalling battleye, I found something that actually works. www.armarize.com I had this on my machine but never used it. And what it did was list my mods, say which ones were broke. I clicked the box and said repair. It repaired them. I then asked it do a synchronisation on these mods, which it did. After that for the first time in MONTHS, DayZ works and so does Breaking Point, after usually getting kicked at the most inconvenient times. As I don't think anyone has said used armarize to fix this and it actually worked, I commend it to you if you have this problem. I'll probably make a youtube vid about how to do it. I tried to fix it but unfortunately, nothing reliably works all the time. I've tried every type of fix, but constantly get wrong signature for file. I've verified the cache on every steam program, and the rest - but nothing reliably fixes it. The fix is only temporary. And a constant parade of people are getting kicked for wrong signature file, at least on the breaking point mod, maybe it's something peculiar to it, because every few mins, u get someone else kicked.

Edited by Calanen
  • Like 1