I proclaim this to be the DE8 server thread!

DE8 is a multilanguage server with 50 slots and wise, but strict admins.

Post your feedback, suggestions, crash and hacker reports, bad behaviour and cannibalism incidents.

Visit Arma-RP.com for forums, teamspeak, chat and other RPG servers.

Additionally we offer private forum boards and TS rooms for players who play in groups.

b_560_95_1.png

logo.png

logo.png

[align=center]And donations, of course

btn_donateCC_LG.gif[/align]

Hey mir.

I played quite a bit yesterday, but today it seems to be password protected.

whats the word on this?

- Wilson Kime

Maybe it was after restart and admin has locked the server for 5-10 mins, to prevent 50 people connecting and loading at once.

Try again later if that happens again, noone is going to put password on server permanently.

So me and my homie are cruising down the countryside, him in his lootfilled UAZ and me in my swag pickup truck on DE8. Suddenly, no message received for 10 secs ... 15 .... 20 ... ok. Server was locked, now gone. Wassup wit dat.

Sheeeeeyt, dat thing just went down, dawg.

Will get it up in 2-3 hours. Your ride should be there, unless some dayz bug happened.

If server crashed while you were on some road and you are worrying that cars may be stolen when we start up the server - i could send you a warning somehow. Tell you what - subcribe to this thrad, ill post here when the server goes back up and you will get an email notification.

Server is up.

We are working on a server tool to prevent crashes

Entrox on IRC has something that will keep the server rolling. it detect if the server exe crashes and restarts it straight away. Give him a shout

I have a solution, it handles all cases including near-memory exhaustion, but not floods.

Code here

Thread here

Last admin forgot to run it, so have to wait until next crash before it's active again.

Warning: it restarts before it runs out of ram (ARMA 2 is 32-bit and BIS doesn't support over 2GB for the process) but saves should keep going even after ARMA crashes since hive continues to run anyway. I've already been told there is a new management tool in development by the dayz development team, and am looking to that.

Due to load issues, we are limiting slots to 40 for now. I've allocated six cores and 4.5gb ram to the machine, but the other owner is telling me that after 35-40 new joiners have problems loading. Sorry.

Thanks.

this server is always locked recently why?

When it's not locked it never gives us the data file and end up stuck on loading, really annoying.

Its a nice ping too 22ms for me.

We reduced the slots and it's maxed at 40/40, so they don't seem to have a problem. Every 6 hours or so it does auto-restart (Memory check) due to approaching 2gb limit. Locking is done until it reaches about 20 players because flooding is the one case that can't be handled with a watchdog yet.

You're free to chew out Bayers, Prussia and mir for their locking, since they are normally the ones that start the server, but they do it so everyone can load properly.

@uk_dayz_player hopefully others will understand it this way.

Thanks for understanding.

Yeah, server is being locked while we are trying to sort out the loading issue. We lock after restarts for periods of 5 mins to let people in by small groups, 10-15 people, to prevent 50 people connecting at once.

Sometimes it helps, sometimes not

A bug I noted is that the one who loads the mission is stuck in a loop waiting for new joiners to join the arma command group; took me 7-8 mins to actually get in as the one who loaded the mission.

If you load the mission, let yourself fully load into the game, even if the "Waiting for response from server" message is "stuck" it'll eventually finish, and if you want to leave then, you can, but not before, since not fully loaded mission loader may abort the mission for other players. (Edit: It sometimes/usually is due to client not being updated.)

After the server restart recently it is PITCH black, cant see 1cm in front of me, also lost my bus. Admin able to change time of server?

No.. that's in the mission sqm. I could probably change it and repackage (Leaving everything else as-is, since most things are streamed from DayZ hiveext), but after so many hours it'll go night anyway. We aren't allowed to use extra mods, even for such a purpose. Read "hosting a server" and similar threads about our compulsory rules for hosting.

Modding the map, even just the logic section, is probably not allowed too, but there's nothing saying so; we're just not allowed to add anything, including tools or other mods, or code. This functionality for admins would have to be implemented by the devteam directly.

* EDIT, I remember in some/all missions being able to set daytime when loaded through #missions after another has been loaded, by setting the parameters before launch.

Sorry Gdofg.

Hey there,

what's up with the server? The past 3 Days I've been stuck at the "loading" screen and I've been waiting for quite some time with no success to login. Synched with armarize, but still, we are not able to log on.

We are currently well equiped on there, and we don't wanna lose the V3S truck we managed to "obtain"... :)

(btw: sry for the guys I shot at the quary with my Lee Enfield, but seriously, you were far too loud and behaved far too clumsily to ignore... instead of packing your gear and rushing to another save place (instead of staying in Sovnichniy) when I tried to shoot you at the gas station you went straight back to the quary!?!?!?, WTF dudes?!?! The truck is loud and the exhaust gas is highly visible from afar, in addition, I was also highly alerted when you were shooting Zombies at the quary and hence could easily check the situation with barely no risk at all)

Edited by Antipr0duct