Sign in to follow this  
anders.haga@gmail.com

Two cheaters caught on tape

Players Vlad and Opex has been camping the roofs of Cherno for quite some time. As I've come to understand playing versus these guys they spawn fully geared with DMR, Revolver, Coyote backpack and whatever else on top of the tower. Earlier encounters showed me they had quite a few spots up there where they could spawn, making it hard for us (my friends and I) to keep track and keep shooting them. In the end I managed to record this, which should be enough for taking these guys down.

TL;DR - Video shows us killing the same guys over and over again as they spawn after death fully geared at the same location.

Time: ~21:00 GMT+2

Server: UK 25

DayZ Alpha: 1.7.0

OA Beta: 93825

We ran into the same thing with people under different names, but we didn't get it on video, only with screenshots of the friendly fire kills. I linked the vid in our thread. Thanks for getting that on film.

As far as I can tell, you gained no murder for killing the players on the top of that roof. In addition, the death message being displayed in the bottom left is for players who are being killed in the debug forest.

A player named Freckles killed Opex from the debug forest shortly after your the first time, but normal death messages are occurring throughout the video. I'd almost assume someone is debug forest killing folks (shakespade and freckles) and opex and vlad are victims based off this video.

You provide no actual evidence of this occurring by going up the tower and showing they spawned into that location with loot more than once.

Wilky, I find it amusing that the events in the debug forest correlated EXACTLY with the people in the video shown. Shakespade dies EXACTLY after he says he fell. Opex and/or vlad are killed by Freckles EXACTLY when the guy recording shoots the correlating player (on the top of the building, or on the level with the bridge). Opex is killed by Shakespade EXACTLY when the players shoot in the video. Convenient, isn't it?

Or MAYBE, just MAYBE there IS some sort of hacking or glitching going on. Not necessarily intended.

I do notice that there are no murders or bandit kills added to Freckles stats. And I can hardly even confirm if the player spawned back with the same gear. Just that they appeared again essentially in the same place they died, only to die again. Except for the one time Opex suddenly appeared from the top of the building, back down to the bridge.

Shakespade voices when Opex is respawning in front of him. And it happens frequently enough that they aren't reloading the game. I also find it weird that, apparently, Opex's body was disappearing very shortly after Opex dies.

This happens when client has the 1.7.1.4 patch and the sever is running something else.. it is an exploit.

You provide no actual evidence of this occurring by going up the tower and showing they spawned into that location with loot more than once.

lawl

Hey, I just see a listing of deaths, the debug menu detecting none of it, and those players dying often in the console. None of it is conclusive.

this seems to be a newer exploit there are several threads already since the last 2 days describing similar issues.

could someone responsible please have an eye on this?

here my post from yesterday "seattle 45 - hacker" thread. there the thread starter descirbed the same issue like me:

i already opened a thread few minutes before you describing exactly the same hacker incident on seattle 37.

there the player "Jugzilla" respawned 2 times at stary sobor military hospital within about 2 minutes and killed me and one of my friends. my other friend killed him 2 times (it was displayed in chat that he was killed) but he respawned exactly in the same position like he was killed before after few seconds (in stary sobor which should be quite impossible).

server: seattle 37

time: about 8:05 pm middle european time (6-19-2012)

The guy recording is me' date=' Freckles (!). As you may notice from the debug monitor, and you see me killing the same guys multiple time on the tower, as well as Shakespade who was running around bravely with a makarov. I know there is a few cheat reports that are far-fetched but someone defending evidence like this is beyond me. Look harder.

This happens when client has the 1.7.1.4 patch and the sever is running something else.. it is an exploit.

These guys has been at this for a few days, before 1.7.1.4.

I do notice that there are no murders or bandit kills added to Freckles stats. And I can hardly even confirm if the player spawned back with the same gear. Just that they appeared again essentially in the same place they died' date=' only to die again. Except for the one time Opex suddenly appeared from the top of the building, back down to the bridge.

Shakespade voices when Opex is respawning in front of him. And it happens frequently enough that they aren't reloading the game. I also find it weird that, apparently, Opex's body was disappearing very shortly after Opex dies.

[/quote']

When we first noticed these guys the kills was listed normally like "opex killed ". But later it only stated that a player was killed, as if they killed themeselves. Also, run the video in full screen at in it's highest resolution and you should see the weapons and backpacks quite clearly. Regarding bodies, in general they all seem to disappear rather fast on this server, even our own corpses. Is there a limit to how many bodies there can be on one server at a time?

http://www.fpsguru.com/stream/148_qnomnikai

This guy gets help from someone, giving him loot as he spawns in. Relevant to my case? Maybe. Relevant for DayZ devs, absolutely :)

For a quick look skip to 09:33:00 on this vid. At some point he also had a rocket launcher.

http://www.fpsguru.com/stream/qnomnikai/vod/5077

Nice work catching them on video..

Wilkywilks what are you going on about? Everything in the video proves these guys were hacking. Did you even watch it? The same guy gets killed by the same player 3 times in succession. And Freckle's kills with his Enfield tie in with what is being shown on the screen (taking a shot at someone) and what the text in the bottom left is saying - everytime he killed a player in the tower, the message popped up, and at no time did the message pop up when a shot wasn't taken (so there's no way this was simply message duplication). Unless Freckles killed 3 different players on top of that tower all called the same name, and how likely is that exactly?

If Freckles shot Man#1 first time round, then who did he shoot second time round if not Man#1 again?, because no different name came up, and he killed someone. If it was another player, we would have seen a different name. But we didn't, we saw Man #1s name again.

If this isn't evidence enough for you, I don't know what would be.

impressive video. for me its 100% evidence because on seattle 37 exactly the same shit happend to me and my 2 friends, as already written above.

sadly nobody of the server admins and/or dayz devs seem to feel responsible for that. i expect nobody will punish these cheaters and they will have a nice future finding and using new exploits with their arma2 copy. neither someone seems to be able to confirm what these cheaters actually exploited. if its really because they used different game versions? or something else?

Wilkywilks what are you going on about? Everything in the video proves these guys were hacking. Did you even watch it? The same guy gets killed by the same player 3 times in succession. And Freckle's kills with his Enfield tie in with what is being shown on the screen (taking a shot at someone) and what the text in the bottom left is saying - everytime he killed a player in the tower' date=' the message popped up, and at no time did the message pop up when a shot wasn't taken (so there's no way this was simply message duplication). Unless Freckles killed 3 different players on top of that tower all called the same name, and how likely is that exactly?

If Freckles shot Man#1 first time round, then who did he shoot second time round if not Man#1 again?, because no different name came up, and he killed someone. If it was another player, we would have seen a different name. But we didn't, we saw Man #1s name again.

[/quote']

I'm working under the proponent of definitive evidence. We have: player names, chat log detailing player deaths in line with on video (and off video) deaths, and a debug monitor.

The player names in the chat log indicate the recorder of the video killing two players. Half the time it says friendly fire, half the time it does not. If this is based off the accused hacking, then cool, it's an indicator.

However, neither of the log indicators show up in the debug menu. This contradicts the kills, due to their being two different kill messages, and neither being confirmed. If this is a bug with running a different version than the server (1.7 client versus 1.7.1.x on server - despite there being a lack of message) then it's another indicator, yay.

Either way, there's too much weird shit going on for me to consider it confirmed. It's weird, but I've also heard of people aborting out of the game right at death and respawning at their corpse with everything multiple times due to bugs.

I'd assume bugs before exploits unless there's multiple videos of these guys doing it.

Wilkywilks what are you going on about? Everything in the video proves these guys were hacking. Did you even watch it? The same guy gets killed by the same player 3 times in succession. And Freckle's kills with his Enfield tie in with what is being shown on the screen (taking a shot at someone) and what the text in the bottom left is saying - everytime he killed a player in the tower' date=' the message popped up, and at no time did the message pop up when a shot wasn't taken (so there's no way this was simply message duplication). Unless Freckles killed 3 different players on top of that tower all called the same name, and how likely is that exactly?

[/quote']

I'm working under the proponent of definitive evidence. We have: player names, chat log detailing player deaths in line with on video (and off video) deaths, and a debug monitor.

The player names in the chat log indicate the recorder of the video killing two players. Half the time it says friendly fire, half the time it does not. If this is based off the accused hacking, then cool, it's an indicator.

However, neither of the log indicators show up in the debug menu. This contradicts the kills, due to their being two different kill messages, and neither being confirmed. If this is a bug with running a different version than the server (1.7 client versus 1.7.1.x on server - despite there being a lack of message) then it's another indicator, yay.

Either way, there's too much weird shit going on for me to consider it confirmed. It's weird, but I've also heard of people aborting out of the game right at death and respawning at their corpse with everything multiple times due to bugs.

I'd assume bugs before exploits unless there's multiple videos of these guys doing it.

The fact of the matter is they are abusing the "bug" for personal gain, this would be considered an exploit.

First, the deaths ARE confirmed visually, as much as they can be confirmed at least. Not ALL of them are on the video. But the first death you actually see the body on the edge of the building. In the video, the first shooting is at 3:51, kill is at 3:53, and the body disappears at 4:37. THEN Opex reappears on the BRIDGE at 4:43.

Shakespade also confirms several deaths on voice chat. Now, you don't get the confirmed kill on the statistics, but you get the visual.

So, what possible bugs could there be? Well, the bodies disappear fast, and then the person reappears ALIVE very soon after. So it may be that both of these guys appear dead, but really aren't, and while Shakespade and Freckles thought they were dead, then Opex and vlad were able to move around before they reappeared. I'd be quite curious to know THEIR side of this show.

I haven't seen any answers given to threads on this forum so far regarding hackers, maybe because of all the posters not really having evidence being part of it. But can I expect a "we got them" message from devs or just hope that they got it?

Lol this tape is like 100% evidence. You can see the kill the same guy several times.

Have seen other videos also ppl killing others and the console reports friendly fire and then they spawn back at the same place again. They are not in debug forrest but somehow is it a part of the hack.

How can anyone argue this is not proof?

you see him shoot the one guy and it says 'Was killed by Freckles.'

you see his corpse FALL down the ladder.

You see him BACK UP THERE INSTANTLY, with the same equipment.

Seriously, some of you guys should not be posting the forums.

As the Host of UK 25, I 100% back the OP.

As I also viewed the video at the time. Plus brought it to the attention of the admins who viewed it.

Opex has been Banned from our server

Vlad has been Banned from our server.

I have a little bit of information on this as something similar actually happened to me a few days back while there was a new update + the new beta after installing just the new files i logged into game on my server spawned where i previously logged out just west of the airfield.

Made my way onto the airfield and to the barracks there was no loot or any zombies so i restarted the client. Logged in at airfield barracks to find zombies assuming everything was working i tried to make my way off the airfield to be killed then. once in lobby i started up again thinking i would be on the beach but i spawned back into the barracks with all my weapons left the barracks and was killed again only to spawn back in the barracks with all my weapons each time. This has now been fixed for me but after a little messing around i noticed i had no debug monitor and i could also stand right next to zombies and they would never go for me, also loot would not spawn for me my food and drink bar would not diminish zombies would not spawn for me unless another player was present but i could shoot at players and be killed as a friend of mine let me shoot him in the leg to see if i could do any damage also i could kill zombies. The people in this video are not hacking but im also not saying they dont know what they are doing which to be up there in cherno is a place for picking off players so they are more than well aware of this exploit they are using. its something to do with certain files or older files being run i cant remember the exact combination i was running as it was a few days ago like i said around about when melee weapons were first introduced and everyone had the problem with getting into game.

Hope this helps and the devs can figure out from what i have said how to correct it.

--DeathFx

As the Host of UK 25' date=' I 100% back the OP.

As I also viewed the video at the time. Plus brought it to the attention of the admins who viewed it.

Opex has been Banned from our server

Vlad hasn't rejoined yet.

[/quote']

Nice :)