Sign in to follow this  
isos

Spawning off map

Lately when other people or myself freshly spawn in our server, we are spawned off map (usually west of Kamenka). I tried looking up topics about this problem but couldn't find much. Anyone else having this problem or have had it and fixed it?

Thanks!

Edited by ISO

west of kamenka spawn near the 2 bridges is a normal, legit spawn. if you want to respawn, just jump from the bridge, break your legs and respawn thats it.

• Like 1

No, not actually near Kamenka. Spawning far off the map, Kamenka is the closest town. But we spawn in open land, no trees, no nothing. Off map..

Nobody has had this problem on their own server??

No, not actually near Kamenka. Spawning far off the map, Kamenka is the closest town. But we spawn in open land, no trees, no nothing. Off map..

Your server is experiencing the debug mountain on a larger scale than I've ever seen. If you aren't the owner, give this post to him:

Have you ever tried modifying your DayZ mission? Add in new towns, change spawn locations, loot tables, add more vehicles?

Do any server scripts/mods (rMod, for example) show up in the logs as causing problems?

Does this only happen post-death (when you respawn), or do you join the server and everyone is off-map?

Have you ever had a "Hacking" incident on any level?

Does anyone respawn/join as birds?

Try renaming your DayZ mission to something like dayz_chernarusXXX.pbo (or what have you) and redownload the private hive files. If the server is fixed while running vanilla, then your problem is whatever you've been changing in your server.

Blame the server admin o-o considering you don't control the spawn locations on your PC its all done on a server. Simple explanation there. Or change server.

Edited by Sleeping Tobi

Your server is experiencing the debug mountain on a larger scale than I've ever seen. If you aren't the owner, give this post to him:

Have you ever tried modifying your DayZ mission? Add in new towns, change spawn locations, loot tables, add more vehicles?

Do any server scripts/mods (rMod, for example) show up in the logs as causing problems?

Does this only happen post-death (when you respawn), or do you join the server and everyone is off-map?

Have you ever had a "Hacking" incident on any level?

Does anyone respawn/join as birds?

Try renaming your DayZ mission to something like dayz_chernarusXXX.pbo (or what have you) and redownload the private hive files. If the server is fixed while running vanilla, then your problem is whatever you've been changing in your server.

Turns out to be the PBO. I changed the mission file to add more custom buildings and it seemed to have messed with things. Not sure why, I didn't add much. I've seen other servers with custom buildings and no spawning issues.

Turns out to be the PBO. I changed the mission file to add more custom buildings and it seemed to have messed with things. Not sure why, I didn't add much. I've seen other servers with custom buildings and no spawning issues.

You have to be extremely careful when changing parameters, mods, and the map. I once tried to add a base in the woods with a PKM turret at each side, watch towers, lights, tire-popping spikes, and plenty of cover. It caused an infinite loop of map loading. I think it's karma, so I haven't tried since.

Thanks for the info. I'll try to just add the dayz essentials.