Water

Do you need to repair every part of a heli to be able to fly?

I only have scrap metal, windscreen glass, engine parts, fueltank parts, and a main rotor assembly.. will that be enough to repair a heli from all red? Thanks in advance.

You don't need everything to be fully repaired to fly but I suggest that you do have everything fully repaired. If you are unable to get everything fully repaired then the most important thing is the glass. If all of the glass is not fully repaired the chopper will leak fuel.

It would be better to just repair everything before you start using it, rather than having to worry about it at a later point in time. My squad and I have found and fixed enough helicopters to know that's the best route. Once you start flying around in that thing it's going to start attracting a lot of attention and you may even get shot at occasionally. Aside from that, there are few places that are great for landing that to do some repairs unless you want to stash it and make multiple trips back and forth to where ever you plan on getting the materials to fix it from.

I only have scrap metal, windscreen glass, engine parts, fueltank parts, and a main rotor assembly.. will that be enough to repair a heli from all red? Thanks in advance.

You only have 1 of each? If so, than no. A heli takes 8 windscreen, 4 scrap metal, 1 rotor assmebly, and 1 engine parts. No fuel tank parts are needed, but you need everything repaired or it will leak fuel, faster than you can fill it typically.

Edited by (TMW)HerrJon

Usually if you dont fix every part of the heli, including the windows, the fuel leaks out. Which is kinda stupid, but thats how it is, and still, its not that super hard to find the stuff and fix it so now we get to the point that this thread has almost no logic meaning

Normally when you have a toolbox in your inventory, you will get a readout of everything that needs to be repaired. Sometimes however, you fix one damaged part and all of them become green again. You just have to play around with each individual aircraft you find in order judge repairs needed. Like mentioned above, you ought to repair everything. This is especially true if the helicopter in question has a Heads Up Display. If the avionics are not fully repaired, the HUD will blink or not come on at all which is really annoying.

I play Origins mostly but I believe the parts should be similar.

- Find 4 glass (or more?...it only took me 4 for a little bird last time)

- 1 engine part

- 2 scrap metal (one for v rotor and one for avionics?)

- 1 rotor assembly

I think that's it. Be sure to fix all the glass first as other have pointed out. Glass will leak and you won't be able to fuel it up fast enough to fill unless you are literally standing next to a fuel tank.

Ok thanks guys, I just thought that the avionics needed some special part and not just scrap metal.

You only need to repair the Vrotor, 9 glass, main rotor and engine (If it's completely red). If everything is red/orange and only 1-4 parts show up that you're able to repair, repair them and everything will turn green.

yeah good idea to just have everything fixed.

but if you find a chopper i believe you can fly with it as long as the rotor and engine aren't red.

but i recommend just getting it to safety to repair.

full green chopper can last for about a hour or so. until you need gas.

then that when the bull shit starts happening....

landing to hard, zombies aggro why trying refuel, bandits, bugs, ect.