Psymong

Big items are a great idea! (The hatchet has inspired me!)

I personally like that the hatchet is now the size of a weapon.

In fact, i think MORE items should be 'bigger'.

- a GPS unit you have to 'hold' to use?

- a medical kit you have to 'hold' to administer blood transfusions?

- car parts you have to carry in a weapon slot?

I think it would encourage teamwork. It might even help a natural 'class system' emerge in a non-artificial way;

in the dark someone would take the role of the 'flashlight guy', when you're traveling together someone will want to hold the GPS and be the 'navigation guy', someone might choose to keep the medkit equipped and be the 'medic guy' to quickly aid teammates. Of course then you've got the 'tools guy' with his hatchet, and a guy holding that empty jerrycan you need to fill, and all these chaps will need to be defended by someone with the free space to carry a decent weapon.

Sorry for the long-winded suggestion, but i couldn't find it suggested already after a quick search.

Any thoughts on this? / suggestions for other 'big' items players might need to carry?

Cheers!

MEH

nice idea. Makes perfect sense for the toolbox. Dont really see this as important. really all items should also be carriable in the primary and secondary slots, but thats not going to happen right?

The problem with this is adding teamwork-based elements without establishing solid grounds for teamwork' date=' stuff like team spawns or team member indicators.

This'll just be in the way without that.

[/quote']

I'm not sure, I think it would encourage people to team up with people they meet in-game.

i don't think there's a need for imposed team spawns etc, but rather if it becomes more inconvenient to try and do things alone (due to the sheer size of some useful items) you'd feel inclined to talk to people you see and group up with them.

Dont really see this as important. really all items should also be carriable in the primary and secondary slots' date=' but thats not going to happen right?

[/quote']

I dont see why not, the flashlight works well and the new hatchet has been fairly smoothly implemented.

If more 'big' items were introduced, with greater incentive to use them than just having the ability to chop wood, i think it would really encourage people to work together.