Sign in to follow this  
AbusivePoptart

Random FPS Dropping!

Hello, I got a new gaming PC to play DayZ and what not but I have this problem *only happens in DayZ* where I will be playing with about 35-40FPS on very high and all of a sudden matter where I'm at it will suddenly go to 40 to 1FPS. The game will freeze and about 5-10sec later it will come back and it does it again about every 10-15 min and sometimes it get really bad and stop the whole game and tell me DayZ is not responding.Now I know its not my graphic setting because even if I put it on very low its still does it please help I've tried alot of things with no luck if you have any ideas please post a reply thanks.

If you want to know anything just post a reply and I send a screen shot or tell you.

Here are my graphic settings.

post-160449-0-02190600-1369984463_thumb.

Here is my GPU specs.

post-160449-0-20304300-1369986412_thumb.

Edited by AbusivePoptart

sounds like something is throttling

turn the fans up on your gpu

sounds like something is throttling

turn the fans up on your gpu

I have 6 fans on my PC and doesn't run hot.

how can u even play with that resolution ???

should I turn it down? I'm playing on a HD-TV not a monitor.

should I turn it down? I'm playing on a HD-TV not a monitor.

Probably should try playing it on 'Windowed' so you can adjust the size of your screen easier.. Lower the size, better it'll play. Less pixels for the resolution size. I gained about 10 FPS for using 'Windowed'

Probably should try playing it on 'Windowed' so you can adjust the size of your screen easier.. Lower the size, better it'll play. Less pixels for the resolution size. I gained about 10 FPS for using 'Windowed'

I already have it in windowed but I'll shrink it and see if it helps I'll get back to you on it.

I have 6 fans on my PC and doesn't run hot.

Your gpu is separate to your cpu

6 fans in your case means nothing in regards to gpu temp.

Your gpu is separate to your cpu

6 fans in your case means nothing in regards to gpu temp.

Oh ok I'll try can you give me a link to a tut on how I go out doing this.

happens to me alot but when this happens to me the graphics of the game turns to shit and its just blocks everywhere and to fix this every 10 minutes i have to switch settings around

Arma2 oa why :(

happens to me alot but when this happens to me the graphics of the game turns to shit and its just blocks everywhere and to fix this every 10 minutes i have to switch settings around

Arma2 oa why :(

I don't get the blocks it just freezes the whole game and I can't do anything it is very upsetting playing and all of a sudden it freezes it makes it very unplayable.

I don't get the blocks it just freezes the whole game and I can't do anything it is very upsetting playing and all of a sudden it freezes it makes it very unplayable.

oh well i guess its only me :/

hope fully if i get a new build that bug wont happen.