Date/Time: Around 04:30 on 10/05/2012

What happened: I was killed during some PvP action. When the "You are Dead" screen popped up I logged out cuz i didnt want to start yet. Now im stuck in Hourglass Bug. Even tried to respawn but it just says MrSherenai was killed and nothing changes.

Where you were: NW Airfield, northern barracks.

What you were doing: spawning

*Current installed version: 1.5.6

*Server(s) you were on: EU2

*Timeline of events before/after error: hurt during pvp, had blackout, bleeding out, died, disconnected, reconnected, stuck in bug

I had the same issue, I just kept waiting and it took some time, but suddenly I found myself on a new Spawnpoint...may be that helps you.

Greets Memphis

I left mine up while I slept.

I woke up to a disconnect and same bug after I spawned into another server.

This is honestly infuriating. I mean the forethought for this bug would have been a 10 second brainstorm. At the very least, there should be a suicide option. That would fix this whole thing.

How am I supposed to get someone to find me, when I don't know where I'm at? Also, even if I did know, how would I be able to tell them, when the bug blocks me from doing anything in game aside from alt-tab or ctrl-alt-delete.

Really, devs?

REALLY!?

Really' date=' devs?

REALLY!?

[/quote']

No need, to become angry (although I do understand). I recommend to contact Rocket with your Game ID and ask him to delete your saves (that should be possible I suppose). There seems to be that the master server saves you as not real dead and not concious. That´s why you always spawn within this stadium of eternity.

Keep in mind that this mod is still Alpha, so consider to report your issue as a bug and ask for fixing your issue in the same time...I´d do that by messaging rocket directly.

Yeah, I think this is the same issue as reported in a couple of other threads, for example:

http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=1137

And I too understand the "really, devs?" comment - having the same issue. The fact that the game deliberately disables all input during the hourglass (even any methods of exiting the game!) is questionable as-is. I think that one really should be able to, for example, exit a game whenever one wants to, rather than having to wait for some game world event to allow that - or having to kill the game process from the task manager.

Now, that wait wouldn't be much of an issue, if only there wasn't the persistent save bug, which causes the hourglass to appear and the game to get stuck on EVERY SINGLE attempt to play it. Basically, at this point, I'm just waiting to see if devs would be kind enough to reset my account - since the bug is bound to user id, which is bound to the ArmA 2 cd-key... which I incidentally bought just to try out this mod. And now I'm finding out, after first day of playing, that I cannot play the game anymore. (Obviously its a bit annoying, to say the least.) I've tried all things imaginable on my end, but cannot really find a way to get past the bug (since it is really in the persistent dayz database data which I have no access to).

Lesson learned: Never pay for a game just to play a free mod, 'cos if the mod doesn't work, you're screwed. As you cannot really blame the game you bought for the mod's issues. And you cannot expect a free mod to have a 24/7 customer service for the non-paying "customers" either. So, I cannot really demand for a refund for ArmA 2 (since it works, but I'm not really interested in playing it as-is). And I cannot expect dayz mod devs to quickly jump on the bug just because I've been stupid enough to pay for ArmA 2 to play the otherwise free alpha stage mod (regardless of any affiliation between them). Still... I'm hopeful that this gets solved at some point.

Same thing is happening to me.

Profile/acct name: Zebitty

Lying on the ground in a forest somewhere after being killed by zombies.

Mouse/keyboard unresponsive and big hourglass icon in the middle of the screen.

Can I please get a reset or whatever is needed to fix this? Thanks

Zebitty.

I've posted in several other threads, but I'm having the same issue. Stuck on hourglass, no controls available to me. I can see chat, I can even see people running by me, but I can take no action. Been this way for nearly 30 minutes now; I've tried switching servers, everything. Would love to provide more info for debugging; PM me.