Sign in to follow this  
Heathcz

Logging out wont solve it!

Hey, I think this is an idea worth of reading. What if, when you are sick, your character would keep dying even though you are offline? cause this is how many people solve their problems, they just log off, and thats pretty much wrong. The same could be with the hunger and thirstness, but thats not that easy.

What about people who can't play daily ? they would've starved to death next time they played.

Nice idea but casual gamers would suffer.

im talking about the sickness from zombies and infected stuff, not hunger in the first place, god.

it would be cool if you posted something thoughtful so your opinion would mean something.

• Like 1

No, because even if it didn't affect hunger, you'd still be punishing the casual player. If you get sick late at night and have school or work the next morning, and you're busy for a long time, then that's just going to reward people who play constantly. Maybe a solution is to make it so medicine doesn't take effect instantly, and maybe not on the first try, so you will have to spend SOME time sick.

Thoughtful? Sure. Think about this: I get infected at 4AM, decide that I am very tired, log out and go to bed. I log in the next day, after work and such, and notice that my blood level is at 6000. I wouldn't be too happy.

Edit: Dat ninja-Clumzy.

Edited by SonicRainbrony

I would still say no.

Any game mechanic that forces the player to play longer than they intended should be avoided.

I find the "combat timer" fucking annoying when I want to stop playing because of a real life issue,but I can't because I shot a zed and still have a zed near by.

True if it's some thing important I'll just drop the game but it should not be that way and your idea would just make matters worse.

Some of us have real life's as well you know.

now it matters if you want to make this game realistic, or just a sandbox survival. if you wanted to make it being realistic, you would accept this idea, cause if u were IRL sick in post apocalyptic world, you would actually not sit on your ass and wait until you die, but you would stand up and go find the medicine. So when you are declining this suggestion, its like saying that everything in this game, what is unrealistic, is actually ok and doesnt have to be solved.

Yea, if I was sick in real life, but some people just have to undestand, DAYZ IS NOT COMPARABLE TO REAL LIFE, and never will. DayZ is entertainment.

So when you are declining this suggestion, its like saying that everything in this game, what is unrealistic, is actually ok and doesnt have to be solved.

Also that is absolute bullshit.

Edited by SonicRainbrony

I would still say no.

Any game mechanic that forces the player to play longer than they intended should be avoided.

I find the "combat timer" fucking annoying when I want to stop playing because of a real life issue,but I can't because I shot a zed and still have a zed near by.

True if it's some thing important I'll just drop the game but it should not be that way and your idea wouldjust make matters worse.

Some of us have real life's as well you know.

Oh tell me how 30secs of waiting ruined your life. Maybe, if you have problem with such a thing, you shouldnt play this game.

Yea, if I was sick in real life, but some people just have to undestand, DAYZ IS NOT COMPARABLE TO REAL LIFE, and never will. DayZ is entertainment.

bullshit

if you wanted to make it being realistic, you would accept this idea, cause if u were IRL sick in post apocalyptic world, you would actually not sit on your ass and wait until you die, but you would stand up and go find the medicine. So when you are declining this suggestion, its like saying that everything in this game, what is unrealistic, is actually ok and doesnt have to be solved.

for me this wouldn't make the game more realistic in a positive way.

it's not even realistic, because dayz is not RL, so time for your player is only passing while you are playing - everything else would make the experience more like an annoying tamagotchi...

Would you make actual points instead of just saying "bullshit" and "if 30 secs yadada". Your suggestion isnt talking about 30 seconds, but possibly tens of minutes to even hours to find medicine.

im talking about the sickness from zombies and infected stuff, not hunger in the first place, god.

Erm you also said

The same could be with the hunger and thirstness

Pointless thread as you have a huff every time someone answers and you don't like it ... god

Dat ninja-Clumzy.

Well, you wouldn't be wrong.

Edited by Clumzy

Everyone just calm your flamboyant tits and accept that some of us have different ideas for the future development of the mod.

Calm yo tits homie.

Everyone just calm your flamboyant tits and accept that some of us have different ideas for the future development of the mod.

Calm yo tits homie.

I have nothing against going towards realism but this is ridiculous.

now it matters if you want to make this game realistic, or just a sandbox survival. if you wanted to make it being realistic, you would accept this idea, cause if u were IRL sick in post apocalyptic world, you would actually not sit on your ass and wait until you die, but you would stand up and go find the medicine. So when you are declining this suggestion, its like saying that everything in this game, what is unrealistic, is actually ok and doesnt have to be solved.

Dude... I have a job, and a family, and other REAL LIFE COMMITMENTS....

If i got sick IRL then yea, i would go find medicine... BUT DayZ is NOT real life....

So if i get an infection in-game, and i log out, because i got stuff to do, or sleep because i have work in a few hours, and my Character dies while i am gone...

Well i just wont play or even consider buying that game... DayZ or not... I will not support a game that Punishes its most lucrative purchases for being in a position to spend money....

• Like 2