Sign in to follow this  
linuxas21

Dayz lags a lot

Hello, I finally installed my arma 2 free and arma 2 OA and made Dayz. However I am experiencing lag and the point is that it doesn't really help if i choose very low settings, a few fps adds, also, I noticed that when I run and I drag my screen up or down, it doesn't lag that much. My PC specs are not so old and I can run arma 2 free SP with atleast 60 fps on high settings. I don't know what's the problem with Dayz. Suggestions??

PC spec:

GTX 550ti Gigabyte

Intel i3-2100 3,1ghz

4gb ram

160 hdd ( not sure if this could be a problem, but I have read that sometimes hdd causes problems and etc)

I'm no computer wizard, but it looks like your processor is causing your problems.

Please correct me if I'm wrong someone.

Screen resolution?

Problem one: Youre running a dualcore cpu. Its a dualcore with hypertrading meaning it simulates 2 moore cores, some programs and apps gain performance from this...games not im afraid.

Dayz is best with a real quadcore, the game is a cpu HOG, moar cores and ghz=better

Problem two: that 160gb hdd, im guessing a old hardisk, if using a SSD some performance will be noticed, smoother gameplay and moore stable frames too.

If using a "old" plate hardisk, make sure it have sata 3 and are running 7200rpm or faster.

Also make sure you have the latest drives for youre GFX card: dl from official page here: http://www.nvidia.com/Download/Find.aspx?lang=en-us

But my cpu isn't a problem for any other game and yeah, i dont have a slightest idea about my hdd, it's an old hdd, but works nicely, i'll try that virtual drive solution., see if that helps.

Yeah, but the most awkward seems, that high - low graphics wouldn't improve or reduce my fps, stays about the same or a couple of FPS higher when on low settings, not much improvement though, I will try this ramdisk method.

Im sure the ramdisk will give you a small boost in fps, but dont expect a miracle with that hardware, its worth a shot :)

Indeed, the problem is your CPU. You aren't seeing a big improvement in FPS when you use 'low' settings because when you set something to low it puts the load on your CPU, which is the reverse of what you want for your particular system. Try disabling anything that can be disabled and setting everything else to 'normal'.

Edited by mZLY

I wonder if dayz standalone gets optimized better as this is the only game that currently lags for me.

You're probably comparing it to games that don't really use a whole lot of CPU power. Try PlanetSide 2 or any other intensive open-world game, lol. They're all CPU taxing and your CPU is pretty weak.

Hopefully the standalone will be a bit better optimised but I wouldn't expect miracles when you're running on an i3.