maxxe22

tutorial suggestion for STANDALONE

Rocket always said that he didn't like the idea of tutorials so I don't think one will ever be implemented. Some kind of benchmarking feature would be nice so you can get your graphics settings sorted before you jump in to the game though.

Sounds good to me.

Rocket always said that he didn't like the idea of tutorials so I don't think one will ever be implemented. Some kind of benchmarking feature would be nice so you can get your graphics settings sorted before you jump in to the game though.

He said he hated long and forced tutorials (forced was implied cause everyone complained about being forced to on assassin creed). I suggested an optional and only for basic controls

Edited by maxxe22

What about instead of perma bans for naughty players, the only way they get their cd key unbanned is by doing community service down on the beaches of Cherno giving free tutorials to noobies just spawning in, etc.

Obviously full of problems, accountability among them (also mostly joke), just thinking out loud how the game could teach contextually within the game, i.e. totally intuitive and no immersion breaking.

Edited by PhilB

Why are there people here that are being all noob friendly? I was noob once and yeah it was frustrating, but I learned, and quick. Dayz isn't about hand holding at all. Plus all the controls you need are in the control menu, and if you can't spend the time to go into it and read through the controls than you have no business playing. Dayz, like people have said here and else where, is about dropping you in a world where the odds are against you and telling you "survive." And that's the way I like it.

Why are there people here that are being all noob friendly? I was noob once and yeah it was frustrating, but I learned, and quick. Dayz isn't about hand holding at all. Plus all the controls you need are in the control menu, and if you can't spend the time to go into it and read through the controls than you have no business playing. Dayz, like people have said here and else where, is about dropping you in a world where the odds are against you and telling you "survive." And that's the way I like it.

This is the way i see it too, let people learn by their mistakes, and at the end of the day its all down to how intuitive things like controls and crafting will be, from what ive seen of the early inventory system i doubt a tutorial will be necessary at all.