Sign in to follow this  
touchmywhat

Melee weapons / combat

I know the arma 2 engine isnt great for melee fighting, but i have found with the corwbar / hatchet, that my reach seems to be smaller than that of the zombie, my arms are just as long and i have an axe on the end of them. I realise this is a very new feature, but i just feel that the range should be increased, perhaps add swinging while moving like zombies are able to do. My 2 cents on this new feature.

Seems like they've gone for balance more than strict realism. Zombies have a good reach to make them more formidable... while melee weapons have modest reach so they don't become OP.

Maybe not the best approach. I'd rather have melee weapons realistically lethal, then counter that with rarity.

Seems like they've gone for balance more than strict realism. Zombies have a good reach to make them more formidable... while melee weapons have modest reach so they don't become OP.

Maybe not the best approach. I'd rather have melee weapons realistically lethal' date=' then counter that with rarity.

[/quote']

Agreed.

I'd not reach the level of "rare", but giving them a subtle further range, slower swing and lethal attack would make'em more realistic and avoid it's use on zombie crowds, since you'd probably get hurt and bleed.

Agreed.

I'd not reach the level of "rare"' date=' but giving them a subtle further range, slower swing and lethal attack would make'em more realistic and avoid it's use on zombie crowds, since you'd probably get hurt and bleed.

[/quote']

Wekk, going head to head with a zed, your gonna take a few hits even if the range is slightly increased, as it seems to take a couple of swings to kill them, with a crowd of them around you, your pretty much dead, unless you start running

Actually i get to hit then from very far away with the axe, i found it really OP, i killed 43 zombies moments ago, just lure then into a building let then see you, and hack when they get close.

Hatchet > any weapon in game right now. 23 Zed kills by 1 hit. Dont have to stealth , infact you can run around a tree, they lose LOS and hatchet them in back. This should be addressed as if feels like "easy" mode.