So.. I just got myself a nice M107 a few minutes ago, and I noticed that it's not usable with night vision goggles, which kinda sucks - since I like playing at night more. Do you guys have any hints for a better use of the weapon at night? Any way I can actually see someone at night with it?

meh, since the mod is unplayable at night, even with gamma and brightness on max. won't help that much :( i was hoping more from a 'very rare' sniper :l

the night is just more fun now. The gamma + brightness was ruining the game in my opinion xD

agreed, i love playing on night time servers, so amusing

The real difference between DMR and AS50 is the DMR is NVG compatible, but the AS50 isn't.

The AS50 however is Effective of up to 1800 range, it also able to one or two shot vehicles and shoot through most walls.

The real difference between DMR and AS50 is the DMR is NVG compatible' date=' but the AS50 isn't.

The AS50 however is Effective of up to 1800 range, it also able to one or two shot vehicles and shoot through most walls.

[/quote']

Yeah well, he didn't have the AS50, he had the M107 popular name is the Barret .50cal

And afaik, the SVD Dragunov Camo is also compatible with NV

So.. I just got myself a nice M107 a few minutes ago' date=' and I noticed that it's not usable with night vision goggles, which kinda sucks - since I like playing at night more. Do you guys have any hints for a better use of the weapon at night? Any way I can actually see someone at night with it?

[/quote']

I recommend DMR

And afaik' date=' the SVD Dragunov Camo is also compatible with NV

[/quote']

Not the SVD that I tried (in the editor). I know only of the DMR to be NVG compatible.

As for the M107, tough luck I guess. I ran about with a M24 a couple of days, but not being able to use it effectively at night made me swap it for a standard M16 ironsight, a shame really.

I like that the gucci weapons/gear are in the MOD, it's one of the reasons I continue playing. If it was nothing but hatchets and beans I would have a hard time justifying the massive amount of hours I play.

Ah. Sorry, I messed up posts. Was reading between several posts about and misread. Forgive me.

My friend doesn't know if he wants to use the DMR or AS50. So he keeps both. he puts one in the tent. For nights he uses the DMR, then during the day he uses the AS50 and normally sits about 1000m behind us. Its insane.

At the topic of what you use with NVG, I use a M4A1 silenced. Its got a red dot sight and I find it very reliable. I can't wait until I get into a firefight with it.

night is so damn fun now with the update

If you legitimately have an AS50 and you're using a DMR over it, it's only because you have the AS50 stashed and you don't want to lose it. I've got both weapons and it is simply astonishing the amount of times I'll shoot a guy with the DMR and not kill him. Yesterday I sniped a guy in a ghillie suit two seperate times and did not kill him either time... This ended up getting me killed in a round about way, but honestly its no competition between DMR and AS50.

Yeah, that's why I preffer the M107, I also have a few DMRs but I honestly don't feel like leaving my M107 behind when some stranger can find my camp and take it away from me.. it's like a baby for me now.