Sign in to follow this  
crowbarer@gmail.com

Humanity Progression System

Hello, I recently came up with an idea that might a bit more "spunk" to the current humanity system. Why not have a humanity progression system? Depending on one's humanity, they can progress through ranks depending on how good or bad they are.

This would have its pros and cons, but think of a bandit who's reached the last rank of the negative humanity line, will anybody trust them? Probably not. Similarly, a survivor who reached the last rank of the positive humanity line will be trustworthy. (Atleast that's what I think. :P)

I'm not sure how difficult this will be to implement, or how many bugs it will bring along with it, but I want to hear other people's opinions about this. I think it might fix a few problems that people are currently complaining about and add a bit more variety.

Agreed. I think if a player-model change would be incorporated, it would be a great addition to the mod. That way a survivor could tell if this bandit he's talking to actually got the skin from "self defense" or not.

Plus like you said, it would add a bit of variety to it. And, you know, I'd love to have an awesome skin as a scumbag bandit, or an awesome skin as the whiteknight survivor, depending on my rank.

I like the idea.

Here are the skins I suggest: (Needs to be OA models so that backpacks are use-able)

Survivor: (The blue UN helmet/hat will signify the 'friendliness')

1st Rank - Usual survivor

2nd Rank - UN Rifleman

3rd Rank - UN Officer

Bandit:

1st Rank - ACR Rifleman (Czech rifleman)

2nd Rank - KSK Team Leader (One with the boonie hat)

3rd Rank - KSK Rifleman (Current Bandit skin with the head wrap)

EDIT: It'd be cool if the DayZ team can edit some of the US Army models' textures to include UN helmets for the survivor ranks... And probably PMC/ACR with balaclavas for the Bandit ranks.

you are playing a different game here.

world of warcraft or something like that.

this isn't about character progression and experience points.

you can do whatever you like, you can play the way you feel. you make your own stories.

(even if your story is to play like a prick and kill others on sight, just because you are to lazy to put your balls into it.)