Sign in to follow this  
Pvt. James Duke

Green Mountian stories

Please if you have a Green Mountain story please share it but here's mine:

So my squad of 3 and I had just found a Huey after spending a few hours fixing it up we were going to move our base to an area above Berinzino near Black Lake. We were going to go with 2 in the chopper and 2 in the car. I was to be the guard of the driver of the car. Our path took us straight through GM so we decided to look for some ATVs up their... About one klick out we saw our chopper go out of sight and heard the code word for contact at GM. The pilot reported seeing a flashing light down near the tower. As we approached the tower we saw a car on its side and all the wheels gone. The bodies weapons all had like 5 rounds left per mag indicating a gun battle. I snuck around and looked in through the gate... There had to have been at least 50 zombies in side. I started to crawl back to the car but a zombie was attacking the car and the driver shot it. All the zombies chased us to the car I went full auto with a M-249 at 10 meters... Only 5 fell dead!! That was a at least 50 round burst!we made it to the car and made it down the hill and then the cars wheel broke... There was nothing for it to break on!! Luckily our chopper made it back and got us... I've never been back since. Note: this happened at 12:00 midnight.

• Like 1

Good story, there is an urban legends thread full of this btw. Search for it

I like the story however the best thing i've ever done at green mountain is set up a base there on wasteland and shoot down a heli with the zu-23

Well, where do I begin.

So it was nighttime, and me and my crew of 5 were in our helicopter passing over the country side of Post-Disaster Russia. Me, being our navigator/radio operator had located a small town that had a reputation of being "unconquerable". So our dumb, brave selves decided to check it out, with some various maps and 'equipment' (one of our guys was an admin but he didn't really abuse his powers). So we were flying over and all a sudden, our pilot chats out, "I'm seeing another bird in the sky. Dan you confirm this Bear?" (My nickname is bear, because my name is Ted, get it ted, teddy bear?). I looked out of the window to see another helicopter behind us, seeming to have been following us. Al of a sudden, we are going down. Engine failure apparently. We somehow landed without dying and had to land in the middle of a Forrest. So we gathered what we had and made our way north. (We lost all maps somehow). We ended up wandering into Green Mountain unknowingly. So cautiously, our squad leader, Red, armed with an AK-74, makes his way into the main grounds. Me, armed with a mere G17, is In the middle of the pack. Strangly, there are no zombies seen yet in the infamous Green Mountain. Yet. So we cautiously make our way up to the watch tower and decide to hold out on the roofs until day time. We ask our "Chef" (guy that Carries all our food) if he could pass around some canned food. Except he is still at the main grounds of the base. Just staring off in the distance. We chat him, sayin to come up, what's wrong, etc. he responds two minutes later "all hope is lost" then he disconnects. So we start getting freaked out here. Around this time, the helicopter that was following us lands right in front of green mountain. So we, pissed off at our losses, start opening fire upon the helicopter. Strangly, our guns seem to be all out of ammo. The door behind us opens and we see over chat "blood will be shed to those who are conceded". All of a sudden zombies pour unto us, killing us immediately. So lesson learned, never, ever, go to Green Mountian.