Sign in to follow this  
Tex (DayZ)

Attention DayZ Veterans

If you're interested in a fantastic server and DayZ mod to play on then I humbly suggest checking out this DayZ Origins server: Official DayZ Origins #GX zero-fps.com - The After-Life Reigns

It's a fantastic community of individuals, and I guarantee you will enjoy your experience. It uses the DayZ Origins modifcation (FAQ here: http://www.dayzorigins.com/), which provides an experience that has brought veteran DayZ players back to the game (including myself). Aside from the plethora of vehicles, weapons, AI players, and different variants of zombies on the server is the ability to construct your own private - and secure - house. You can also construct different sizes of garages to park your vehicles in and store all the epic weapons you come across.

One simple way to access the server is through utilizing DayZ Commander (you can acquire it here: http://www.dayzcommander.com/). Simply install DayZ Commander, click on install/update (in the top right corner of DayZ Commander), and scroll down to DayZ Origins in the mod selection list and install the modification. You need Origins 1.7.1, and an up-to-date version of DayZ.

If you have any questions, or need assistance, please feel free to send me a private message. I will do my utmost to help you out, and can also provide you with the IP for the server's TeamSpeak.

If you're even slightly interested then give the server a try. DayZ Origins The After-Life will provide you with one of the best, and engrossing, DayZ experiences possible.

Brought veterans back to dayz .... the plethora of vehicles

Am I the only veteran that doesn't find easy-mode a good reason to go back to DayZ? I make the game harder every time I get bored. Less vehicles, tougher AI, more zombie spawns, et cetera. Currently the airfield is a firefight between 3 factions, each 1-20 groups of 5-25 AI strong shooting all other factions on sight, keeping the zombies constantly agroed. The bandit groups shoot players while the soldier and survivor groups shoot players with low humanity.