Sign in to follow this  
HyperlordB

Trouble with Beta patch + 1.7

I have installed the beta patch and the 1.7 DayZ patch using multiple guides, but i still can't start the game correctly/i can't join a server.

When i run Arma2: CO from steam i get this message: Error creating Direct3D 9 Graphic engine (and then i get back to my desktop).

Although when i run the Beta patch launcher i can enter the game, but before i enter it says this: Addon 'dayz_code' requires addon CABuildingParts'

and then later, when the game has started (from beta launcher): No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Citizen1.scope'

And when i join a server after i clicked continute from the previouse message it says this: You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.chernarus (and then i get back to the server browser)

And yes, i have checked multiple threads which had the same problems and tried the solutions i understood, but it doesn't seem to work.

I would appreciate help as i have had trouble with this ever since the patch. I you require clarification i would gladly give it.

Since you said you are launching Arma2: CO from steam' date=' are you using any launch options? If so, which launch options are you using?

[/quote']

At first i used the launch options from the install guide, but then when i asked one of my friends (whos DayZ patch worked) he had another launch option which i also try to use now:

-beta=Expansion\beta;ca;Expansion\beta\Expansion -mod=@DayZ;ca-mod=@DayZ

after installing beta patch follow these steps:

- optional step: go to "\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\" and rename "arma2oa.exe" to "arma2oa.bak" for backup

- copy the "arma2oa.exe" from "\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\Expansion\beta\" to "steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\"

then I think you have an error in the launch parameters, try to change "-mod=@DayZ;ca-mod=@DayZ" into "-mod=@DayZ" so in the end it will look like this:

-beta=Expansion\beta;ca;Expansion\beta\Expansion -mod=@dayz

and don't forget to start the game via right-click - Launch ArmA2:CO

- optional step: go to "\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\" and rename "arma2oa.exe" to "arma2oa.bak" for backup

- copy the "arma2oa.exe" from "\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\Expansion\beta\" to "steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\"

then I think you have an error in the launch parameters' date=' try to change "-mod=@DayZ;ca-mod=@DayZ" into "-mod=@DayZ" so in the end it will look like this:

[/quote']

Would this be launching from dayzupdater or steam, tomo? I'm having the same exact problem as the OP.

then I think you have an error in the launch parameters' date=' try to change "-mod=@DayZ;ca-mod=@DayZ" into "-mod=@DayZ" so in the end it will look like this:

[/quote']

Thanks, now the server says i have to download 1.7.1.4, so i guess another patch has come, ill post if anything more happens.