Sign in to follow this  
WaxMan (DayZ)

The last one is for myself

I would love to see the option appear in the scroll list to end it all, this should be available when you have only a single bullet on you character (pouches / pockets or bag) for any of the weapons you are carrying (equipped or stored if possible). I dislike running out of ammo and having to run into a horde of zombies or using the respawn menu, It would be so fitting and a great way out after you have shot all your ammo and tried time after time to sneak into caches to find the wrong ammo or tin cans.

That or you could spawn with a cianide pill, that you can use either to kill yourself, or to poison a water canteen :)

Press ESC > hit Respawn > You will die and be respawned in a starter area. Seems like the same idea you were poking at, no?

The idea is not intended to fix any missing mechanics ad is not a critical feature that is missing, but as a suggestion to provide a little extra immersion and zombie apocalypseness to the game, just another little thing that makes you go WoW this really is how it would be.

what's the problem when you run out of ammo?? you don't have to kill yourself. it's actually so easy to find a different weapon^^

well another option would be to add meele weapons as suggested several times before.. :shy:

I think this is a good idea however it should be incorporated with the hit ESC --> Respawn method, perhaps an animation could play in which a players shoots himself or a fade to black gunshot. This is a luxury and should not be a priority fix.