robersdee

Seriously what happened Rocket?

Agree with the OP fully. Each hot fix has failed to make the game playable again. stealth has gone out the window completely.

It is impossible to sneak past zombies.

I am so confused about this. There were the super spidey sense Zombies. Man they were tough but I did sneak by them to get loot. I even did it at Bolota Airfield and got into a fire fight with a player. Next hotfix I had no problem sneaking past Zeds. I went through town after town looking for food (not knowing it was not spawning).I have not played today so I am not sure if the Zeds are back to being super but I was sneaky past the them before/during/after they were super and I think I am an average skilled player.

Please can someone make a fucking criticism without hundreds of screaming kids going "ITS AN ALPHA" yes its an alpha but if we dont make criticisms then it renders releasing alpha to the public fucking pointless

Dayz belongs to the players now' date=' like it or not.

[/quote']

HAHAHAHAHAHA. no. The game has not even been released. No one has paid a single cent.

When you have 200000 players' date=' it's not hard to gather people willing to do quick bug testing before patch releases.

[/quote']

Yo, the game is not released yet every single thing you do in game is bug testing. All 200,000 people are bug testers. It is an alpha test...I just don't understand why that is hard to comprehend. You didn't pay for this. You have been told it is not finished or released since the beginning. Seriously, this is the Dumbest Thing.

Making 230k people and thousands of servers update so that you can find out that you fucked up some of the most basic shit ever? Are you seriously going to defend that? When this could have been avoided so easily.

Sure, the more rare bugs you won't find during 1 hour of trouble shooting with 50 people, however, you WILL find missing food bugs, hatchets crashing servers bugs, etc..

It's quite laughable how you try to pass everyone else of as being stupid as fuck, when we are simply trying to make the alpha testing more efficient.

No one is making anyone update. People voluntarily paid to be a part of this and run a server. Too many people enjoy playing it. Not the dev's fault.

It's been said MANY times that even though you may THINK that a bug is easy to spot, it may have to be mass-tested with many different servers and players. Some don't even happen for hours or days. Food spawn being bugged may not have been noticeable right away due to the same reasons.

Alpha testing would be more efficient if people stopped making these stupid threads and reported bugs in a single short paragraph IN THE CORRECT THREAD, instead of posting pointless stories that are 99% BS with a single sentence of bug-reporting.

"Why doesn't rocket test his patches before he tests his patches?"

Maybe one day rocket will make you into a Moderator, keep it up, champ.

i dont care for the original post, but i agree recent patches have dulled the expierience for me, and im not longer playing it as much.

since the bandit skin change ive found each patch have made it closer to a chore for a solo player. A few times ive linked up with other players but a connection error or an untimely death has cut it short.

oh and the recent thread i read about people setting up bases in the off map wilderness, and storing vehicles theres, shame on you, rocket i hope you have denounced this, i was wondering despite playing it for over a month now im yet to see a vehicle.

Please can someone make a fucking criticism without hundreds of screaming kids going "ITS AN ALPHA" yes its an alpha but if we dont make criticisms then it renders releasing alpha to the public fucking pointless

You need to make some constructive criticism if you want people to listen and take you seriously. This thread is just one big whiny rant without any constructive criticism at all.

Testing them is the whole point of this game now' date=' and making pointless threads about the game not being fun anymore isn't helping and is also COMPLETELY missing the whole point of this game being released potentially YEARS before it's officially done. [/quote']

Just because a feature "works" doesn't mean its implementation is "fun".

I'd think that the fun factor of a particular feature is just as important as whether its working as intended or not. Sometimes something working incorrectly actually works out for the best.. If you've ever done any software development, you've probably turned a bug or two into features yourself.

For the record, I DO understand your point - that testing features is important, to build a collection of tools that will in the future be used to craft the final (and hopefully fun) product. I get that.

I just disagree that "fun" should be considered an invalid function to evaluate. I mean.. you can have the most fully functional game in existence, but if its no fun, no one's gonna play (or buy) it.

Think of it like putting together a meal. There are individual components that make up the total product.

Your point would be that you can't drink a glass of mustard and say "oh, that's terrible!", when its only one small component that can't be evaluated on its own since it specifically complements other things IN the meal.

My point is that if you can't stand basil and there's a pesto dish, if you taste that dish and say "ugh, I hate pesto", that comment is still valid whether the meal is completed or not, and the chef may want to consider switching to a marinara or alfredo sauce.

Anyway, um.. on that note, I think its food-o-clock.

Punchin' out.

The only problem I have with the OP's statement' date=' is that every major release, from 1.1 to 1.7 - doom and gloom was applied and people were up in arms saying I was destroying the game and that they would stick with the previous patch. Then a week later, all this would be forgotten and the cycle of:

1. praise and excitement about incoming patch

2. depression, despair, threats after patch is released

3. acceptance and forgetting of previous behavior

4. go back to step 1.

1.7.1.4 seems to be running pretty well, by all accounts. Now that it is finally running, we can begin to assess whether the changes made are ones that we want to keep.

If the mod had stayed where it was four weeks ago, I can guarantee that nobody would be playing it now.

[/quote']in a years time Dean, you will look back at this time and laugh your fucking head off.

your making a special game

[/quote']

HAHAHAHAHAHA. no. The game has not even been released. No one has paid a single cent.

When you have 200000 players' date=' it's not hard to gather people willing to do quick bug testing before patch releases.

[/quote']

Yo, the game is not released yet every single thing you do in game is bug testing. All 200,000 people are bug testers. It is an alpha test...I just don't understand why that is hard to comprehend. You didn't pay for this. You have been told it is not finished or released since the beginning. Seriously, this is the Dumbest Thing.

Making 230k people and thousands of servers update so that you can find out that you fucked up some of the most basic shit ever? Are you seriously going to defend that? When this could have been avoided so easily.

Sure, the more rare bugs you won't find during 1 hour of trouble shooting with 50 people, however, you WILL find missing food bugs, hatchets crashing servers bugs, etc..

It's quite laughable how you try to pass everyone else of as being stupid as fuck, when we are simply trying to make the alpha testing more efficient.

No one is making anyone update. People voluntarily paid to be a part of this and run a server. Too many people enjoy playing it. Not the dev's fault.

It's been said MANY times that even though you may THINK that a bug is easy to spot, it may have to be mass-tested with many different servers and players. Some don't even happen for hours or days. Food spawn being bugged may not have been noticeable right away due to the same reasons.

Alpha testing would be more efficient if people stopped making these stupid threads and reported bugs in a single short paragraph IN THE CORRECT THREAD, instead of posting pointless stories that are 99% BS with a single sentence of bug-reporting.

The food spawn would not have been noticeable, but all it took was someone to actually pick-up/drop the Hatchet to notice the 30+ hatchets/crowbars spawning. That would have been caught in an instant if it was play tested, but it obviously wasn't. Now I know it was a hotfix that Rocket was putting out in order to fix the loot spawns, but seriously?

Go Team Rocket!

DayZ is obviously doing something right, the last time i saw such churlish hoohaa was in the old EVE Online forums and WoW beta!

DayZ is fabulous, it was fabulous at concept and it's fabulous now, i appreciate very much what Rocket and the gang have created here, every patch and hotfix i look forward to with relish, whether it breaks the game or not, i know i'm an incredibly lucky person to be in at the start, the alpha, part of something that has the potential to be MASSIVE!

You and i paid nothing for DayZ, learn to love it! I've had Op Flash/Arma/Arma II/OA since time in memorial and played them to death, i love MMO's (all of 'em) i love shooters and RPG's, but most of all i love zombie games...yes that's right zombie games, for years we'd talk in the pub about how awesome it would be to have a zombie survival horror MMO, we discussed it, we discussed and we discussed it.

Then up pops DayZ and nearly all our dreams come true, in one fell swoop Rocket Romero and the gang deliver us a masterpiece, and allow us all to play and test....Wtf is not too like?

There is far to much selfishness and entitlement around these days, kick back and just enjoy, report bugs as and where, make blogs about your time in Chernarus and further more spread the word.

The apocalypse is upon us!

In this thread: "HURR DURR I MAD THAT THIS GAME IS ALPHA' date=' ROCKET WHY YOU NO WORK FASTER AND MAKE BETTER"

[/quote']

again, what are you 12? did you even read what I wrote? or is that your generic fanboy copy paste reply, wipe you nose pal, its covered in sh*t.

Im not saying work faster, I'm saying It was fun at some point and now every addition breaks twice as many things, its just not enjoyable anymore

Thinks have to break before you can fix them :)

Indeed. With computers especially, the more things you break the more progress you make. Bricking my Ubuntu partition a month ago was a sign to me that I was really learning how to use it to its full potential. Same goes for DayZ. The more Rocket adds, even if in a half broken shape, the more he is learning what will and won't work in the future.

I think Rocket had the right idea with some of the latest changes. They're things that would've taken the mod in the right direction and improved it a lot. It's just a shame that they messed things up a bit.

Nothing worth getting upset over though. The mod is quite clearly advertised as being in the early stages of development. New features are bound to be tested - some will work, others won't. Some will cause bugs, etc.

If you can't take the bad with the good then why are you playing an alpha stage mod in the first place? :-/ Go play something else for several months, a year, or however long it is before there's a stable, polished, and pretty much complete version of DayZ.

Dear OP - In your essay of a post, you actually make some decent points. The problem is you come across sounding like a spoiled child with the rampant cursing and foolishly saying you won't play for a year just because you aren't happy with the past week of patches.

Have a bit of patience folks. I probably shouldn't mention that this alpha mod is still in alpha and that alpha means stuff will constantly be added/dropped (the entire no starting weapon concept could easily be dropped) so if you can't handle alpha testing then you should stop for a year and wait until it is late beta or gold.

And yes, there is a small group who test each update before it is released. And while I know some bugs/glitches seem so obvious that it's impossible they could've snuck through the testing, suffice to say letting 50 or so people test the code for 24 hours won't lend you near the results of letting 250k people test it for 30 minutes.

Rocket said at a interview that he was going to test what works and what does not. He is just trying to make the game as good as he can everything will be fine a little bit

[/quote']

The food spawn would not have been noticeable, but all it took was someone to actually pick-up/drop the Hatchet to notice the 30+ hatchets/crowbars spawning. That would have been caught in an instant if it was play tested, but it obviously wasn't. Now I know it was a hotfix that Rocket was putting out in order to fix the loot spawns, but seriously?

it was playtested. by us. thats how we found it... thats how this works. they upload shit without knowing if it works, and we let them know. its supposed to not work for us. thats our job, getting broken shit and telling them whats wrong with it.

Problem with gamers these days is that they want everything NOW. Like code is being manifested by a simple idea in your head.

If you don't have the patience to endure this alpha, by all means, wait and go do something else. It's really not that hard. Have some common decency for god sake. For most of you people this is a phase anyway. You will leave this game as soon as you find something else.

If it's no fun, stop playing it. This isn't your mod. It's time you accept this. You are just testing the alpha version. Nothing will change that. You are just a spoiled gamer that thinks everything falls out of trees and that everyone is accountable for his every action to you. But this is not the case. GROW UP.

Rocket answering all these questions, reading all these countless posts, having what seems like a few hours of sleep every day. This is a man of true passion for his project. Isn't that a great thing? Do you know how detached Devs normally are from direct feedback? Even from their project within the team? I know. Get a grip on reality people. 90% of you would have locked this board or never looked at it again after the first few shitstorms if it was your baby.

CALM DOWN

so basically you want it to stay in a perptual unfinished alpha state? Just take out features until there are no bugs and release as is? completely abandon any plans for new features and just release the mod in a roughly 25 percent finished state? or would you prefer the alpha testing be completely closed and not be able to participate at all? you SAY you understand the concept of alpha testing but clearly you do not.

Oh, but of course anybody who disagrees with you is kissing rockets ass, right? well, I guess you said you're leaving, so....bye!!!

anyone who doesn't want to be part of this games birth (alpha), just wait until the retail version comes out. simple.

How many of these threads do we have a day? Anyone keeping count?

Here's a tip, and I really hope you all read this; All the experimenting is happening now. When this game becomes an official release down the track, it will be the feedback we get now that shapes what kind of game it will be then.

Stick at it, make your criticisms constructive, and help shape the game to come...