mercflf8

system requirement's

so my son plays the dayz mod and has complained about low FPS,i thought it was just him till i watched him play and i must admitt the game is very laggy at all times. he says we need more memory but im not sure. here is what we are using:

q6600 @3.0ghz

4 gigs of memory

evga 780i

gtx 460

windows 7

from what i have read our specs are above the optimal requirements,also he has lowered the games graphic settings to low and also adjusted the resolution of the monitor with the same results. im just a dad trying to sort this out for my son and i know how frustrating it can be to play a game that lags,please advise and thanks!!

Can I ask what hard drive you use?

Because of the way the game is designed it reall knocks the crap out of standard hard drives. Once I upgraded to an SSD though it solved my lag issues.

I would get a new graphics card/CPU if you can.

I would get a new graphics card/CPU if you can.

oh i agree im planning on a new build soon but this has to do for now. my son said his friend has a computer that is basicly stock and he has no problems,he does have 8 gigs of memory though. any suggestions??

oh i agree im planning on a new build soon but this has to do for now. my son said his friend has a computer that is basicly stock and he has no problems,he does have 8 gigs of memory though. any suggestions??

Arma is badly configured. I know someone who has a shitty build and can get 60 FPS whilst I go anywhere between 180-90 on different days (weird I know)

Just have to get your build to increase your baseline fps

Motherboard: * [CrossFireX] GIGABYTE GA-970A-D3 AMD 970 Chipset Socket AM3+ ATX Mainboard w/ Touch Bios, Ultra Durable 2, On/Off Charge, 7.1 Audio, GbLAN, 2 Gen2 PCIe X16, 3 PCIe X1 & 2 PCI Memory: 16GB (4GBx4) DDR3/1600MHz Dual Channel Memory (Corsair or Major Brand) Video Card: AMD Radeon HD 7850 2GB 16X PCIe 3.0 Video Card (Major Brand Powered by AMD)

Power Supply Upgrade: 600 Watts - Standard 80 Plus Certified Power Supply - SLI/CrossFireX Ready Hard Drive: 2TB (2TBx1) SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 64MB Cache 7200RPM HDD (Single Drive) These are the specs on the scorpius 9000 cyber power pc... Is it good enough to run DayZ on high settings?

short of updating my specs is there anything i can do?

Make sure antialiasing, post-process effects, ATOC, PPAA and shadows are completely disabled in your graphics settings and try setting video memory to 'default' (this makes sure that the game uses all of your available video memory) and setting everything else to 'normal'. Setting things to low will dump the load on your CPU instead of your graphics card and will probably end up hurting your performance in the long run.

Also, make sure 'mouse smoothing' is disabled. It tends to make the game feel more sluggish.