Sign in to follow this  
master11388

Map Suggestions

I was thinking about an Underground Map like we have in the Game "Metro". A Map where you just could live under the Ground or with a Gasmask (which needs filters) on. What do you think? I dont know about the work it takes to build a map, but if it were possible it would be awesome.

No, the engine doesn't support under ground construction. A2 in Namalsk and the underground area in Taviana are both glitchy as hell and TBH, look like shit

not as original as I was hoping when I first read the title!

I think it's common knowledge that Stand Alone release is likely to feature underground sections of map as Rocket stated last year he would like the game to feature underground stashes and compounds.

Personally in terms of map improvements I think a map needs to be as diverse as possible, with as many different things as possible put in (properly and tastefully!). Some of the best suggestions I read here last year were things like having massive scale maps with zones that could be ran across multiple servers - for instance you could have miles of countryside but if you travelled long enough you would eventually reach an urban zone, perhaps hosted on another server (for the sake of hardware capabilities) .

I personally like this sort of approach as it means you can have regions of preference, for instance heavily industrial areas, woodland, urban and towns, suburban, mountainous, even water based regions (with lots of little islands and things), all with lots of areas to explore and establish camps, safezones, traps, faction territories etc. However this would probably rely and work best on of condition of having everyone (or large numbers) playing one one persistent Hive (or several official hives) and a single giant map.

I have a love/hate relationship with private hives, one of the best things I love about them is the ability to have different maps and circumstances, i think the above idea would probably be a good compromise to those of us who love the versatility of private hives but who yearn for the core elements that public hive gave us!

No, the engine doesn't support under ground construction. A2 in Namalsk and the underground area in Taviana are both glitchy as hell and TBH, look like shit

. Yea I agree with this, Namalsk was very bugged underground and i'd say the underground bunker/tunnels are the least professional part of a very well polished map - and I believe this to largely down to the engine it's self.

Edited by Box